Burritos PWO?

ViperXL

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Next to my gym theres a really good burrito place which I frequent often after training. It isnt some Taco Bell, etc. fast food place. Its more a home grown, family owned type restaurant. Ive never regarded burritos as healthy food by any means, but lately Ive given them some thought, and eaten PWO they dont seem so bad. Keep in Mind the ingredients used are all fresh and good quality. To me they seem like a good source of carbs, protein, and vitamins PWO. Am I wrong?

what is in the damn burrito's!! Please be more specific. I know Gil Melendez says he eats mexican food almost everyday.

Haha.. yeah just saying "burrito" doesn't exactly let us respond.. If the right stuff is in it then I think it would be decent PWO.

Sorry, i forgot. Its brown rice, guacomole, black beans, a large spoonful of grilled and chopped up chicken and/or beef (I usually get both), lots of tomato salsa, jalapenos, salad, and a bit of sour cream.

skip the sour cream, chicken has less fat than carne asada. get a whole wheat or spinach tortilla, if available.

i'd die without mexican food

They're fine for PWO in my opinion. They'd especially be an awesome food if you were bulking.

Any dish that's being made from whole food fresh ingredients is awesome.

yea.......that sounds pretty good......mmmm

I think Ill have an Amy's frozen burrito.

Sorry, i forgot. Its brown rice, guacomole, black beans, a large spoonful of grilled and chopped up chicken and/or beef (I usually get both), lots of tomato salsa, jalapenos, salad, and a bit of sour cream.

Just dig through the ingredients and remove everything that has a bit of fat. assuming ideal PWO is just carbs and protein for the most part. You're getting a bit of fat in those burritos. The obvious is knocking out the guacamole and sour cream.

I frequently eat similar burittos and have had good results. I think the key is to eat them Post Workout and as others have said, skip the Guacamole & Sour Cream. Replace with Salsa or Hot Sauce...

Next to my gym theres a really good burrito place which I frequent often after training. It isnt some Taco Bell, etc. fast food place. Its more a home grown, family owned type restaurant. Ive never regarded burritos as healthy food by any means, but lately Ive given them some thought, and eaten PWO they dont seem so bad. Keep in Mind the ingredients used are all fresh and good quality. To me they seem like a good source of carbs, protein, and vitamins PWO. Am I wrong?

What are your goals?

It sounds fine if you are bulking. If not, it's probably way too much. It's not uncommon for a good burrito to be 1,000 calories or more.

If weight is a non issue, then it's fine.

BJ Penn approves of this thread

bjpenn.jpg

Back