Burpee Conditioning

farmboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I tried this out this morning in place of the Guerilla Cardio that I had started using and it kicked my ass!

Burpee Conditioning by Ross Enamait

I had started the Guerilla Cardio for about a week and I have to say that I felt exhausted after the burpees. Much more so than the Guerilla.

What I had thought about doing was complementing the Guerilla with this routine. Any thoughts?

Yeah, it's all good. Do the burpee pushups, they kill...you'll get your HR much higher with those. Try jump ropeing between sets, and add in some crunches, maybe some lunges, wood choppers...

I have been using the Tabata intervals for burpees, I start out doing 8 to 9 burpees per 20 secs and normally finish doing 6 to 7 per 20 secs. That absolutely hammers me.

That and I will occasionally do a 10 minute burpees challange as many as possible in that time with the goal at first of no less than 100 burpees in the 10 minutes.

Ross Enamait's stuff is good I have his medicine Ball Training book. But I have not seen the burpee conditioning one.

I used to do Ross's burpee workout alot and i loved it. Hard as fuck, worked alot on gpp and flurrying skills. I now throw like 5-6punches a combo cuz of how long i did that workout.

And yes also, if i didnt smoke dope..

Burpees kick ass. We only started doing them over the past 6 months or so in my gym, but they're definitely a great exercise.

100 burpies! in under 10 minutes!!??

damn ! I'm lucky to get 40 in that time.

My favorite burpee drill (and I've listed it here before) is doing a pyramid of 10 burpees with 50 jump rope turns for rests. So 1 burpee, 50 rope turns, 2 burpees, 50 rope turns, 3 burpees, etc. Up to 10 then back down. no rest. to be honest I can't remember if I did a ladder or a pyramid. well in any event I remember it kicked the shit out of me.

That sounds like it would destroy me. SWEET! I'll have to swap it out here and there. Thanks, Urban.

52 playing cards made by bicycle or any playing card company. used for poker, blackjack, hearts, spades, etc. Also great for conditioning. Asign a number value to each card (three = three, 7 = 7, ace = 14, etc.) and a exercise to each suit (hearts = squats, spades = burpees, etc.) now draw cards and do the numerical value of the card of the suit's exercise. eg. ace of spades = 14 burpees, 7 of hearts = 7 squats. Run through the deck as quickly as possible.

Huh, I think, now that I know what it means, it sounds a little familiar. Thanks, you guys. I'll have to give it a try to break up the tedium.

wtf? people think 100 burpees in under 10 minutes is hard?? i can do 64 in 4 minutes tabata style, 8/per interval and i wouldn't say im that fit.

Reakt said:
wtf? people think 100 burpees in under 10 minutes is hard?? i can do 64 in 4 minutes tabata style, 8/per interval and i wouldn't say im that fit.

i duno never really tried. but i know i can't do more then 20 in a row, bad gas.

Burpees are so fun to do. I do 100 burpees every morning. 25, 20, 15, 10, 10, 10, 5, 5. I'm trying to get all my friends to do burpees!!!!! Everyone should do burpees.

my high school wrestling team does burpees in practice... except we learnt as you go down you do a push up instead of just going to that position

we do 8 sets of burpees mixed with sprints

do a set of burpees, do a set of sprints, do a set of burpees, do a set of sprints

or we just do em while we run

(1 set=10 burpees)

so we basically do 80 burpees

Back