Burning sensation when deadlifting

Kerr Smash

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So the last 2 times I've dead lifted as soon as I reach heavy weights, like 3-4 rep range I get a rly bad burning feeling in my lower abs. About 4 inches south of my belly button and only in the right side. The pain is very localized and feels kinda like if I was to put a super hot coin on the one spot.

When it happened today I immediately dropped the weight and started looking for a bump, thinking maybe it's a hernia. But there's nothing there. And no pain as soon I put the weight down. So anyways I went to the doctor a few hrs ago and he couldn't see or feel anything. So i might have to go to a PT and see what they think.

It might be a tear but idk, I don't think it's a hernia but I'm not a professional. Has anyone on sherdog had this happen before?

This is the closest thing I could find mentioning it but they seem conflicted to. http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_on...ining_performance_bodybuilding/deadlift_belly

Thanks

Does this describe your symptoms?

Central Pain
Central pain can cause you the most problems. You feel pain where you are not supposed to feel anything or where your feeling is different. Central pain often begins weeks or months after SCI. It can cause a pins and needles feeling, numbness, or a burning feeling throughout the area below your level of injury. The pain may be constant. At best, it is bothersome. At worst, it can be so severe that it limits your ability to function fully in life.
Doctors believe the cause of central pain may be changes in the functioning of nerves following SCI. They think that pain signals are really coming from somewhere other than where you think.

Root Pain
The pain you feel at, or below, the level of injury is root pain. Root pain has a distinct pattern. It often begins days to weeks after injury and may worsen over time. You may feel brief waves of stabbing or sharp pain or a band of burning pain at the point where your normal feeling stops. You may find that light touch worsens this pain.

Source if it does:
http://pain-medicine.med.nyu.edu/patient-care/conditions-we-treat/spinal-cord-injury-pain

Back