Burkman "I was only 60% for this fight" Lombard "Yeah, me too"

Sega Saturn**

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Just rewatched the fight and noticed this little conversation when they met up at the ref to hear the decision. Thought it was pretty funny the way Lombard responded to it. Anyone else notice this when watching it?

This should be the standard answer to all those "I was only -insert percentage- for this fight" statements

"He said he was only at 60%... well I was only at 60% of 60%... So like, I was at 36%"

let's get a total of all fighter's percentages going into a fight.

cmon science!! work your magic!

Great response, pretty bitch move to make an excuse like that but Lombard handled it nicely.

Fightmetric should really factor this into their calculations.

I mean, it's an unforgivable thing to say (unless it's a direct retort like when Lombard said it), but the feebleness is amplified when it's said right after the match directly to the opponent.

Come on. Petty.

ATrpy_V1421918612.jpg

They say all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Samoa Joe, and you can see that statement is NOT true. See normally if you go one on one with another wrestler you gotta fifty/fifty chance a winnin. But I'm a genetic freak, and I'm not normal. So you got a twenty five percent, at best, at beatin me. Then you add Kurt Angle to the mix? Your chances a winnin drastically go down. See the three way at Sacrifice, you gotta thirty three and a third chance a winnin, but I! I got a sixty six and two third chance a winnin, cause Kurt Angle KNOWS he can't beat me, and he's not even gonna try. So Samoa Joe, you take your thirty three and a third chance, minus my twenty five percent chance, and you got an 8 and a third chance a winnin, at Sacrifice. But then you take my seventy five percent chance a winnin, if we was to go one on one, and then add sixty six and two thirds ch-...percents...I got a hundred an forty one an two thirds chance a winnin at Sacrifice. See N-...JOE! The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you, at Sacrifice.

I think any fighter who uses a percentage before/after a fight should be suspended for a year and have his whole purse for the fine taken away.

Oh god, just stop with the "I was going only at insert_number_here percentage" excuse. It's ludicrous as hell.

I think any fighter who uses a percentage before/after a fight should be suspended for a year and have his whole purse for the fine taken away.

I think he should only get compensated 60% of his original purse. Teach the other 40% a lesson about not showing up.

They say all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Samoa Joe, and you can see that statement is NOT true. See normally if you go one on one with another wrestler you gotta fifty/fifty chance a winnin. But I'm a genetic freak, and I'm not normal. So you got a twenty five percent, at best, at beatin me. Then you add Kurt Angle to the mix? Your chances a winnin drastically go down. See the three way at Sacrifice, you gotta thirty three and a third chance a winnin, but I! I got a sixty six and two third chance a winnin, cause Kurt Angle KNOWS he can't beat me, and he's not even gonna try. So Samoa Joe, you take your thirty three and a third chance, minus my twenty five percent chance, and you got an 8 and a third chance a winnin, at Sacrifice. But then you take my seventy five percent chance a winnin, if we was to go one on one, and then add sixty six and two thirds ch-...percents...I got a hundred an forty one an two thirds chance a winnin at Sacrifice. See N-...JOE! The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you, at Sacrifice.

hahahah Scott Steiner math

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back