Burgos KOd 5 seconds after blow landed, y'all can STFU about Pinheiro "acting" after upkick

You know, I don't even like Clay Guida but he was jobbed against Tyson Griffin.

To the OP, she was clearly embellishing, having to be carried from the cage for that was ridiculous. So how bout you STFU.

Man, people just go all out, balls deep, emotionally driven into some issues... Just take a deep breath, and remember that you've got no connection whatsoever with these fighters. You don't know them personally, you're not related to them, you don't even know them very well. Just chill, enjoy the fights, and don't get worked up about things that don't really concern you at all. Root for whoever you find worth it but don't go all white knight for these people. Use that time to get create a better life for yourself, for f***'s sake.

Also, props to @Slatersan for not letting this one go <Y2JSmirk>
Although, buddy, let it go. We both know you've got better contributions to make on this board.

Last edited:
It's so rare to see a delayed reaction that the chances of it happening twice in two events is highly unlikely. Plus one involved a DQ and there are a ton of examples of fighters hamming up illegal shots.

Man, people just go all out, balls deep, emotionally driven into some issues... Just take a deep breath, and remember that you've got no connection whatsoever with these fighters. You don't know them personally, you're not related to them, you don't even know them very well. Just chill, enjoy the fights, and don't get worked up about things that don't really concern you at all. Root for whoever you find worth it but don't go all white knight for these people. Use that time to get create a better life for yourself, for f***'s sake.

Also, props to @Slatersan for not letting this one go <Y2JSmirk>
Although, buddy, let it go. We both know you've got better contributions to make on this board.
Lmao okay I’ll let it go now.

It's so rare to see a delayed reaction that the chances of it happening twice in two events is highly unlikely. Plus one involved a DQ and there are a ton of examples of fighters hamming up illegal shots.
There are examples of fighters dominating every single aspect of a fight hamming it up for a DQ? Really?

Sorry, I thought that was a sarcastic question.

Lana Pinheiro, who won a match via DQ that she was previously dominating ( a week or two ago) when she got upkicked while kneeling. The delay in her flopping down, and then not being spry and perky when she came to made a lot of people claim she was faking.

A lot of people thought Pinhero was starting to get dissuaded by the fact that Markos was taking her best shots, not going anywhere, and starting to push back with her own pace. Pinhero was starting to gas a bit too, likely from an andrenaline dump considering it was her first big stage.

And then the up-kick gave her a way out.

Not saying that she acted or not, but that's just one of the takes a lot of people had for her reaction.

You are way too invested in this random fight no one cares about.
Not really. She won the fight, and was winning the fight the whole time. It's not about the outcome or caring about that particular fighter.

This is about Sherdoggers who love to chime in with their Cliff Clavin bar corner medical expertise. It happens constantly. This was just a recent and glaring example of people who know nothing spouting off on multiple threads about a very clear cut and correct outcome. One of the biggest arguments/problems the nutters threw out there was the delay between her getting kicked and falling over.

I'm merely pointing out that the delay in effects was nothing compared to what happened on Saturday. Both are legit.

Did you even watch the video?

MD said:
.... but I want you to understand here is that a knockout or concussion is not a single "boom.... it happens" like a broken bone or a torn ACL. Its a series of events that usually happens much more quickly, but, yeah, can be delayed, and every case is individually different......

A lot of people thought Pinhero was starting to get dissuaded by the fact that Markos was taking her best shots, not going anywhere, and starting to push back with her own pace. Pinhero was starting to gas a bit too, likely from an andrenaline dump considering it was her first big stage.

And then the up-kick gave her a way out.

Not saying that she acted or not, but that's just one of the takes a lot of people had for her reaction.
Except that she wasn't gassing, she was still throwing Markos to the ground whenever she felt like it, was still cracking her whenever she felt like it, and not eating return fire. That was a take invented after the conclusion was arrived at, first.

You sound upset.

I have one simple solution to see who is milking it and who is truthful:
Just have the ref blast them in the face 3 times to see how they respond. Burgos wouldn't even flinch as evident by the subsequent 2 shots from Barboza.
If they flinch, they are still aware, deduct a point and restart the fight.
It's only fair.
tenor.gif

You flinched! That’s a DQ.

I had said that I genuinely thought she was out and it was delayed because of the fluid in your brain and what not but the sherdog experts on fighting know what's for real. There's like 20 guys who know what they're talking about in this site. Don't even sweat these dorks.

youre an idiot lmao, bitch milked it hard.

shit was a little baby kick, if you cant see that she was faking it then just dont have children.

There are examples of fighters dominating every single aspect of a fight hamming it up for a DQ? Really?
I don't know about that, but in the mentality of a flopper it's practically a guaranteed win so even if they are winning anyway those people are more likely to take it if able I would think.

Except that she wasn't gassing, she was still throwing Markos to the ground whenever she felt like it, was still cracking her whenever she felt like it, and not eating return fire. That was a take invented after the conclusion was arrived at, first.

No, she was definitely slowing. I gamble on MMA for a living and WMMA has always been my focus. I did hours of study for that one. Luana is a frontrunner and has had little opportunity to really prove she's anything else, with almost all of her fights ending in the first round. One of the two times she's gone the distance, she simply got outworked and lost.

She was still firing back and throwing Markos around, but that's not really what I mean, mate. It's the way she was doing it. Movements were starting to lose a bit of their sharpness, and Markos was starting to push the pace with her own blitzes (keep in mind a blitz doesn't need to do any damage to have an effect).

I very much doubt Luana was going to slow to the point where she suddenly started getting outworked, more that she was going to settle into a slower, less sharp pace, which would have given Markos some chance of working her way back into the fight. Likely, Luana still would have won.

And as for the upkick, at first I thought she put her hands down to stop herself falling. If that was the case, the delayed reaction afterwards is weird. Most people won't be coherent enough to brace like that. But then, the replay showed she didn't actually brace and actually did fall back.

The idea that she was acting doesn't hold up for me. Though I thought she was slowing, she wasn't losing by any definition, and nothing in any of her previous fights really made me think she was a quitter.

There's few things i hate more than morons talking with absolute confidence about something they don't understand. Drakkar Klose suffered a concusion after a shove ffs, but a fighter who took a hard shot she didn't expect is obviously faking...

That was pretty much the only thing of note in the fight, unless you just want to watch to confirm what's been said or make your own judgement about how the fight played out to that point. Pinheiro pretty much did whatever she wanted to Markos up to that point.
The throws, their sheer number, and how Marcos landed directly on the top of her head all make checking out the fight a not-horrible idea.

You know, I don't even like Clay Guida but he was jobbed against Tyson Griffin.

To the OP, she was clearly embellishing, having to be carried from the cage for that was ridiculous. So how bout you STFU.
that fight is never brought up, he get jobbed. i take nothing away from griffin though he was legit

Back