Burgos Back Talk - Sherdog.com Mailbag Column (Send in your questions)

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
We're back again with the mailbag column called "Burgos Back Talk" on Sherdog.com run by "Captain Credential" Jason Burgos, who will be answering your questions this week.

Toss your questions at him, anything about those two last cards, any big upcoming fights, something in the news or some other question you always wanted to ask a Sherdog.com writer. He's good to go!

He only has one request: No more Conor questions for now.

Last week's article can be found at: https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Back-Talk-Jason-Burgos-Mailbag-169217

He answered questions posed on the forum last week from @shankmcgank, @Zebra Cheeks, @Kowboy, @Doughie99, @SandaKicker and @wwkirk!

Well written article.

Great questions (including mine, lol) and some really insightful answers.

Looking forward to next week !

We're back again with the mailbag column called "Burgos Back Talk" on Sherdog.com run by "Captain Credential" Jason Burgos, who will be answering your questions this week.

Toss your questions at him, anything about those two last cards, any big upcoming fights, something in the news or some other question you always wanted to ask a Sherdog.com writer. He's good to go!

He only has one request: No more Conor questions for now.

Last week's article can be found at: https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Back-Talk-Jason-Burgos-Mailbag-169217

He answered questions posed on the forum last week from @shankmcgank, @Zebra Cheeks, @Kowboy, @Doughie99, @SandaKicker and @wwkirk!
Thanks Jay, another great mailbag section. Man the next few HW fights really should shake things up, exciting!

What’s your opinion on booking big fights in NY, given the propensity towards stoppages via cut in NY? After waiting years for the epic Tony vs Khabib matchup, seeing the “BMF” fight stopped via cut, and knowing it’s booked in the same state has me horrified.

If that’s overplayed for you here’s a different one that likely hasn’t been explored much:

The recent policy change for USADA was that no announcements will be made regarding suspensions (or something along those lines). Unfortunately, now we have situations like Robert Whittaker where it can become an invasion of privacy. Every time a fighter pulls out, the fans begin to pry and speculate wondering if it’s the newest USADA bust. Should USADA change the way they’ve been approaching suspensions out of respect for fighters privacy who may have not cheated?

Thanks Jay, another great mailbag section. Man the next few HW fights really should shake things up, exciting!

What’s your opinion on booking big fights in NY, given the propensity towards stoppages via cut in NY? After waiting years for the epic Tony vs Khabib matchup, seeing the “BMF” fight stopped via cut, and knowing it’s booked in the same state has me horrified.

If that’s overplayed for you here’s a different one that likely hasn’t been explored much:

The recent policy change for USADA was that no announcements will be made regarding suspensions (or something along those lines). Unfortunately, now we have situations like Robert Whittaker where it can become an invasion of privacy. Every time a fighter pulls out, the fans begin to pry and speculate wondering if it’s the newest USADA bust. Should USADA change the way they’ve been approaching suspensions out of respect for fighters privacy who may have not cheated?
@JayPettryMMA i added some context but bolder the actual questions to try and make it clearer. I love these articles, thank you.

Where is Ant Walker? This mailbag column used to be sexier
How are you and the fam doing good sir? And what do you think of Usman and Masvidal getting into a verbal altercation... Wolf tickets to promote their fight?

Whattup Kowboy??? Family is doing well. Little man is getting bigger everyday and I couldn't be happier. I hope you and yours are doing well also. Usman and Masvidal were probably sincerely going at each other. Between the feuds between their managers and camps plus their paths crossing at the top of 170 it would make sense. But they both looked pretty silly in the process. Final verdict:

Back