1. The Sherdog Forums are currently experiencing technical difficulties, and we are working on it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Burgos Back Talk - Sherdog.com Mailbag Column (Send in your questions)

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JayPettryMMA, Jan 19, 2020.

1. JayPettryMMA

JayPettryMMA Sherdog.com Staff Sherdog.com Staff

We're back again with the mailbag column on Sherdog.com run by "Captain Credential" Jason Burgos, who will be answering your questions this week.

We're calling this "Burgos Back Talk"!

Fire your questions at him, anything about that last card, upcoming fights, news or some other question you always wanted to ask a Sherdog.com writer. He's ready!

Last week's article can be found at: https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Back-Talk-Jason-Burgos-Mailbag-168883

He answered questions posed on the forum last week from @WHALEWOLF, @3nigma, @Liverkick-king56, @sgtpepper and @AmericanMMA.

2. jei

jei Danger Zone Admin Staff Member Forum Administrator

I'll start, I guess. What do we do with Conor McGregor now?

JayPettryMMA and Kung Fu Kowboy like this.
  3. Arrrrgh

Arrrrgh Black Belt

Replace Tony with Conor.
    Strip Khabib when he refuses to fight Conor and have Conor fight the LW Goat, BJ Penn for the vacant title.
    Then make a 165lb title and match Conor against Nate.
    Finally offer Masvidal Conor at LW then gift Conor a WW title shot off the fight, win or lose, because if he loses it was only because of the weight cut.

This stuff is obvious to true MMA fans bro.

4. shankmcgank

shankmcgank Green Belt

What do you think about Cerrone's performance vs Conor ? I, and many others, found it to be suspicious and if he wasn't paid off to take a dive or not land a strike, he sure didn't seem to try very hard.

Also, where does Cerrone go from here ? It's obvious he won't contend for a title again.

5. Zebra Cheeks

Zebra Cheeks Sherdogs only hope Platinum Member

Let’s talk heavyweights!
    We’ve got stipe talking retirement due to an eye injury, and DC has made it clear he wants 1 more fight. So now, we’ve got DC without a dance partner so to speak. Do you think it’s Brock, or ngannou? And with DC and Stipe stepping down, who do you see becoming the next dominant champion at HW, or do you expect the belt to change hands often for the foreseeable future.

6. Kung Fu Kowboy

Kung Fu Kowboy RIP Kobe Bryant You will be Missed!!! Staff Member Senior Moderator

Lets move on from Saturday and to the next UFC PPV... Jones vs Reyes, who takes it and how?

AmericanMMA and Doughie99 like this.
  7. Doughie99

Doughie99 Black Belt

I like that one, yes get Jason to give his view on how he thinks Jones vs Reyes goes. I think Reyes COULD win that fight.

Here's my Q (2 parts) :
    Q1a: Nurmagomedov vs Tony Ferguson : What is the strategy for Ferguson to maximize his chances of doing what nobody has ever done: beating Khabib?
    Q1b: And if Tony can do it and get the huge Win, what does Jason think is the most likely victory method for him : via KO or Sub or Decision?

Kung Fu Kowboy likes this.
  8. FrontNakedChoke

FrontNakedChoke ____________________

What's next for Greg Hardy after he KO's De Castro inside one?

Drugstore Cowboy likes this.