Bullies without MMA?

Steph Curry

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What fighters do you think would be bullies if they didn't have MMA as an outlet?

Here's my picks

Travis Browne: I don't think he would be a terrible bully. Just seems like he would use intimidation as a tactic to get his way on occasion.

BJ Penn: If you go back and watch the build up to UFC 94 with the way BJ Penn talked about GSP then that is bullying 101. Add to that the spoiled upbringing and abuse of friends, and it's easy to see that BJ would be a legit bully if not for MMA.

Ian McCall: he was active in a local SoCal gang that targeted innocent people. He also comes off as jock type who finds orgasmic pleasure in causing people pain and embarrassment. I think MMA probably saved this guys life because without It I could see him fucking up people for fun amongst other devious endeavors.

Conor, obviously: The guy always talks about movement. But I think his true passion is bullying and intimidation. I shudder to think the hell this guy would be causing in the Dublin pub scene if it were not for MMA providing an outlet.

Jon Jones: I think Jon would be a clever bully. The type of guy who would make you think all of the beatings were a result of your own behavior.

So who do you think would be a legit bully if not for MMA?

Last edited:
I will have to go with Mr. Overrated:

092513-UFC-Alexander-Gustafsson-DG-PI_20130925203738708_660_320.jpg

Ronda was bullied as a kid. Then she became one when she found Judo. Later she found MMA and became an even bigger bully. Brock Lesnar bullied Frank Mur in MMA when Mur ate his strawberries. Miesha bullies Bryan Tate.

Jones would be in federal prison. Multiple crimes

0531-jon-bones-jones-mugshot-2.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think Conor would be. He's just a passable actor.

Brock Lesnar has always struck me as a guy who would have been in jail for some bully-ish assault shit had he not had WWE and UFC pick him up.

Matt Hughes was a bully (and a proud one too) despite his 50+ MMA fights.

Conor without mma training probably isn't bullying anyone, he's just not a big enough guy naturally. It's obvious guys like Travis Browne and Jones could be. But picking flyweights and lightweights as bullies? Probably not.

Melvin Guillard seem like the reactive type. Like they may joke around but if you push back he may take it to the next level and become a tormentor. That's what I got with his feud against Clementi.

Someone mentioned Karo, I think he can be a moody dick but I don't think he bullies people unless they say something that he takes offensive. Though the incident with Nate made him look like one but other then that, they never had any other run ins.

That being said, Phil Baroni was a bully back in the day but I think he is matured now.

Gary goodridge
Tank Abbot
Tito Ortiz
Joe son... oh wait
War machine... Again, Nevermind
Brian stann

I kid about Brian stann. Prob one of the nicest guys around.

I don't think Conor would be. He's just a passable actor.

Brock Lesnar has always struck me as a guy who would have been in jail for some bully-ish assault shit had he not had WWE and UFC pick him up.

Matt Hughes was a bully (and a proud one too) despite his 50+ MMA fights.
Went to a wrestling camp that Brock was a councilor at while he was in Uni. Guy was suplexing 15 year olds that he out weighed by close to 80lbs. Total bully.

Dana for sure, i could see him being a boxing bookie at the local watering hole......."boxercising by day, joe rogan podcast by night, all day everyday"

Went to a wrestling camp that Brock was a councilor at while he was in Uni. Guy was suplexing 15 year olds that he out weighed by close to 80lbs. Total bully.
That's a shame but it doesn't surprise me at all. I could see him beating up his neighbors for their dog shitting in his lawn had he had to live like an average person.

Back