bulking up

Tommy Seoul said:
Dude, you're consuming 1.5-3 pints of ice cream *daily* and you're posting on a diet forum?

Uhhh... You're fat. Don't eat so much.

i've only gained 1/2% body fat since starting this diet. i still have a 6 pack & that's lean enough for me.

blownards said:
i don't want fat, just muscle. i have alot of fast twitch muscle, now i just need the bulky muscle.

Ok. First thing: fast twitch muscles are the ones that have the most capacity for growth, so they would be the bulky muscle.

Secondly: There's no way that is all muscle. If you were in a starved state, either by diet or over activity, the rebound would puit some muscle on, but not that much.

22lbs in 6 weeks is ridiculous. An extremely good rate of gain would be one pound of muscle a week (and those are good gains for people on AS). So the best case scenario would be 1/3rd of your total gain is muscle. If your bodyfat level was low enough to begin with, then you could gain quite a bit of fat and still look good. How exactly are you measuring your bodyfat levels?

spanklock said:
here are some numbers to see.
do some math and make the adjustments you need to make.

1/2 cup peanuts, shelled.....@ 290 Cal
1/2 cup peanut butter:........@ 760 Cal
2 lg bananas:....................@ 250 Cal
1/4 cup whole milk:............@ 40 Cal
1/2 pint vanilla ice cream:...@ 290 Cal
-------------------------------------------
...1 shake........................................@ 1630 Cal
.......3-6 shakes per day....................................@ 4890 - 9780 Cal

1 lb of stored body fat = 3500 Calories

Blownards, these numbers seem to indicate that you're either lying about your regimen, or lying about your results, but it means fuck all to me. If it works for you, god bless, but I would encourage other people on here, especially the young guys, not to try this because the events you're describing are highly unlikely.

Good luck and best wishes.

eljamaiquino said:
How exactly are you measuring your bodyfat levels?

near infrared spectrophotometry. my trainer also gives me blood tests & shots every 3 weeks.

And what does your trainer say about your freakish ability to put on 4 times more muscle than a person on anabolic steroids could under optimum conditions? He must be submitting you to medical journals or something.

I'm not trolling you, bro, but posting on a diet forum where High School and College kids hang out that they should go out and eat three pints of ice cream a day to build lean muscle is fucking irresponsible.

ceostar said:
i see how many cals. are in it but how about fat ?

INGREDIENT.......................@ Cals..........@g FAT...@ FAT Cals...% CALS from FAT
1/2 cup peanuts, shelled.....@ 290 Cal.......20 g.......180 Cal................63%
1/2 cup peanut butter:........@ 760 Cal.......66 g.......594 Cal................78%
2 lg bananas:....................@ 250 Cal.........1 g..........9 Cal..................4%
1/4 cup whole milk:............@ ..40 Cal.........2 g........18 Cal................45%
1/2 pint vanilla ice cream:...@ 290 Cal.......16 g.......144 Cal................50%
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 shake............................@ 1630 Cal....105 g.........945 Cal................58%
3-6 shakes per day............@ 4890-9780 Cal; 315-630 g fat; 2835 - 5670 fat Cals; 58%

1 lb of stored body fat = 3500 Calories

Tommy Seoul said:
And what does your trainer say about your freakish ability to put on 4 times more muscle than a person on anabolic steroids could under optimum conditions? He must be submitting you to medical journals or something.

I'm not trolling you, bro, but posting on a diet forum where High School and College kids hang out that they should go out and eat three pints of ice cream a day to build lean muscle is fucking irresponsible.

Well said.

Blownard, you're full of shit. Stop it with your peanut butter/ice cream diet. I know that one, I know it INTIMATELY. And it doesn't pack on muscle.

At an Anabolic Forum last year, a veteran of the site (who is FUCKING CRAZY) posted an experiment he performed: two friends who had never before cycled agreed to cycle and do everything the same (diet, conditioning, workout, etc.) except that he cycled one guy on 500mg of Testosterone Enanthate a week and the other 2g per week. 2g is dangerous for veterans; this guy is lucky he didn't experience total liver failure.

But in 10 weeks, he gained 37 pounds, only 26 of which was lean mass. And his diet was amazing (with more calories than yours). A dude on 2g of test.

So take your 22lbs/6wks bullshit and leave this forum.

Madmick said:
Well said.

Blownard, you're full of shit. Stop it with your peanut butter/ice cream diet. I know that one, I know it INTIMATELY. And it doesn't pack on muscle.

At an Anabolic Forum last year, a veteran of the site (who is FUCKING CRAZY) posted an experiment he performed: two friends who had never before cycled agreed to cycle and do everything the same (diet, conditioning, workout, etc.) except that he cycled one guy on 500mg of Testosterone Enanthate a week and the other 2g per week. 2g is dangerous for veterans; this guy is lucky he didn't experience total liver failure.

But in 10 weeks, he gained 37 pounds, only 26 of which was lean mass. And his diet was amazing (with more calories than yours). A dude on 2g of test.

So take your 22lbs/6wks bullshit and leave this forum.

talking about juice on a forum with highschool & college kids is irresponsible. i am simply posting my experience & should also add that i only eat natural peanut butter & low fat ice cream. i know people that have had wieght jumps of 40 - 60 lbs in either direction in months. look at joe riggs. he's a weiner, but he's had incredible weight loss in very little time. big deal.

blownards said:
talking about juice on a forum with highschool & college kids is irresponsible. i am simply posting my experience & should also add that i only eat natural peanut butter & low fat ice cream. i know people that have had wieght jumps of 40 - 60 lbs in either direction in months. look at joe riggs. he's a weiner, but he's had incredible weight loss in very little time. big deal.

OMG, you're gonna try to hide behind the kids? You joke, you hack, you utter villain, I did not present steroids in a favorable light for a moment. I said the guy was lucky he didn't die.

Then you tell me to look at Joe Riggs, who is a fighter, when it is known that many of them are on steroids (and most in here concur that Riggs is one of the most likely non-Pride fighters to be on).

This to advise high school kids with a massively high-fat diet. An I'm the asshole? Newsflash, high-fat diets kill, even pop culture has caught up with this, rent "Super Size Me." The leading cause of cardiac arrest isn't complications resulting from hypertension and steroid abuse, wake up, it's from heart disease, easily our nation's most prominent killer. And the #1 link to heart disease is obese people, and the #1 cause of obesity is a high=fat diet.

So basically you come in here and give us a bullshit story about how you gained 22 lbs. in 6 weeks on this atrocious diet that will cause obesity that leads to heart disease that leads to death, then criticize me for mentioning steroids when I didn't speak favorably of them.

You're a fucking moron. Leave this forum.

Figure it out, dude, we're not letting you have the last word on this.
What I will do is offer you a way out, you don't have to *admit* you're a liar, just say that you don't recommend your super-shakes for everyone, and I'll let it go.
I don't mind letting you live in your delusional world as long as it doesn't fuck up the people who come on here for earnest advice.

first of all, i don't have to do anything that i don't wanna. secondly, i don't give a shit if you don't wanna try my bulking up advice & thirdly to madmick the camparison of fat people to steroid users isn't a good one because the amount of users are far fewer than people with a high fat diet. not the brightest around here eh?

blownards said:
near infrared spectrophotometry. my trainer also gives me blood tests & shots every 3 weeks.

http://www2.gsu.edu/~wwwfit/bodycomp.html

How Accurate is it?

This method of assessing body fat is not the most accurate. In a study by *Mclean et al (1992), it was found that skinfolds more accurately predicted body fat than NIR when underwater weighing was used as the criterion measure. In their study, Futrex 5000 underestimated body fat by more than 4% in subjects greater than 30% fat and overestimated body fat by 4% in subjects less than 8% fat. * Medicine and Exercise in Sports and Exercise. Validity of Futrex-5000 for Body Composition. Vol. 2 No.2 pg. 253-257, 1992

Personally, i think 1/2% BF gain with 22lbs is bull$#@!!!!
But at the best, the infrared shtick is not very reliable. A good skinfold test is more accurate than that.

What shots is he giving you and what bloodwork are you having done? I'm trying to assume that you're on the level here...

blownards said:
first of all, i don't have to do anything that i don't wanna. secondly, i don't give a shit if you don't wanna try my bulking up advice & thirdly to madmick the camparison of fat people to steroid users isn't a good one because the amount of users are far fewer than people with a high fat diet. not the brightest around here eh?

In that case...
You're a liar and a douche-bag, and through these posts you seek to do harm to others.

blownards said:

Yeah once i gained 60 lbs of lean mass in a year but it was called PUBERTY. How old are you, 12?

#1can said:
Yeah once i gained 60 lbs of lean mass in a year but it was called PUBERTY. How old are you, 12?

15. the bloodwork is to see if my liver & kidneys are funtioning at a healthy level & the shots are pretty much just vitamins & minerals.

blownards said:
15. the bloodwork is to see if my liver & kidneys are funtioning at a healthy level & the shots are pretty much just vitamins & minerals.

That's funny, your profile says you work in personal security and debt collection, I didn't know those were common after school fields.

Do you have nun-chuks in your locker? Did you hunt wolverines in Alaska last summer using a 12 gauge shotgun? Are the many gangs at your school trying to recruit you because you're pretty good with a bow staff?

Reconnect with reality.

Back