bulking up

blownards

White Belt
Reaction score
for bulking up i make shakes with 1/2 cup shelled peanuts, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 2 banana's, 1/4 cup milk & 1/2 a pint of vanilla ice cream. i drink the shake before every meal. i've gained 22 lbs in the last 1 1/2 months. anyone else got any better ideas?

22lbs in 1 , 1/2 months ......... :eek: How much of that is fat ? What I usually do for my shakes is just whey protein a half a banana and a yogurt, not that many calories. But if your looking for like a super bulk shake I would do whey, peanut butter, half a banana , and like a half a cup of oats with milk, make sure you blend it for a while so the oats dont make it gritty. ( add some icecream if you want =P )

blownards said:
for bulking up i make shakes with 1/2 cup shelled peanuts, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 2 banana's, 1/4 cup milk & 1/2 a pint of vanilla ice cream. i drink the shake before every meal. i've gained 22 lbs in the last 1 1/2 months. anyone else got any better ideas?

incredible! sounds yummy too. in off season (i'm a linebacker as well as a fighter) i soak 12 grain bread in moleasses for an hour or so and choke it down. tastes better than it sounds. and nothing comes close to sucking back raw eggs for a shear protein attack. don't mix the eggs with milk however as this will slam shut your protein receptors inhibiting absorbtion and ultimately lead to some sort of kidney damage. be careful - an old team mate got real sick on this program! i gained 15lbs in 3 weeks doing this but i shat the bulk of the weight off once the moleasses cleared.

Peanut butter, vanilla ice cream. You should start selling those shakes to fat people. They'll love it!

Ive asked this before and not gotten any answer, but what is it about you (north)americans and peanut butter. Its looks to me that peanut butter is viewed upon as the cornerstone in the (north)american diet. But why????? Does it taste good?? Isn

Lard-ass said:
Ive asked this before and not gotten any answer, but what is it about you (north)americans and peanut butter. Its looks to me that peanut butter is viewed upon as the cornerstone in the (north)american diet. But why????? Does it taste good?? Isn

22 lbs in 6 weeks seems too much, too soon unless you started out seriously underweight.
your shake sounds good though!!!

You fat fuck 22lbs in 6 weeks, you might as well just drink Mc Flurry's.

blownards said:

if its working for you, i wouldnt change it yet

here are some numbers to see.
do some math and make the adjustments you need to make.

1/2 cup peanuts, shelled.....@ 290 Cal
1/2 cup peanut butter:........@ 760 Cal
2 lg bananas:....................@ 250 Cal
1/4 cup whole milk:............@ 40 Cal
1/2 pint vanilla ice cream:...@ 290 Cal
-------------------------------------------
...1 shake........................................@ 1630 Cal
.......3-6 shakes per day....................................@ 4890 - 9780 Cal

1 lb of stored body fat = 3500 Calories

blownards said:

I call bullshit on this story. Here's why: Unless you have a blender that is powered by a nuclear reaction, there is no way that you are mixing all of that stuff into 2 oz. of milk. If you somehow pulled it off, it wouldn't be a "shake;" it would be concrete.

My $0.02.

spanklock said:
22 lbs in 6 weeks seems too much, too soon unless you started out seriously underweight.
your shake sounds good though!!!

it's really good. at the beginning of july i weighed 182 lbs @ 5'11'', worked out 5 days a week w/ weights & 7 days a week cardio with a regular diet. by septembe i had only gained 2 lbs. i started with the shake diet before meals & cut my workouts down to 3 days a week cardio & weights combined, but doubled the length of my workouts. i'm now sittin at 206 lbs @ 5'11 1/2''. my goal is to be 240lbs @ 6 feet even. that's why i'm looking for any other suggestions.

Terumo said:
I call bullshit on this story. Here's why: Unless you have a blender that is powered by a nuclear reaction, there is no way that you are mixing all of that stuff into 2 oz. of milk. If you somehow pulled it off, it wouldn't be a "shake;" it would be concrete.

My $0.02.

LMAO! I didn't even notice that.

What a douche-bag.

fat...a whole bunch...were talking about peanuts, peanut butter, milk, and ice cream! i'll post it later late late tonight when i have more time.

did some quick math and if you want it through shakes alone, you can get your 34 lbs in 1 month if all else equal you increased Cals by about 4500 per day. thats about 3 extra shakes per day; or almost triple the Cal per shake; or some other creative combo that appeals to you.

spanklock said:
fat...a whole bunch...were talking about peanuts, peanut butter, milk, and ice cream! i'll post it later late late tonight when i have more time.

did some quick math and if you want it through shakes alone, you can get your 34 lbs in 1 month if all else equal you increased Cals by about 4500 per day. thats about 3 extra shakes per day; or almost triple the Cal per shake; or some other creative combo that appeals to you.

i don't want fat, just muscle. i have alot of fast twitch muscle, now i just need the bulky muscle.

blownards said:
it's really good. at the beginning of july i weighed 182 lbs @ 5'11'', worked out 5 days a week w/ weights & 7 days a week cardio with a regular diet. by septembe i had only gained 2 lbs. i started with the shake diet before meals & cut my workouts down to 3 days a week cardio & weights combined, but doubled the length of my workouts. i'm now sittin at 206 lbs @ 5'11 1/2''. my goal is to be 240lbs @ 6 feet even. that's why i'm looking for any other suggestions.

So, these shakes are not only making you gain weight, but are also making you taller, too.

Dude, you're consuming 1.5-3 pints of ice cream *daily* and you're posting on a diet forum?

Uhhh... You're fat. Don't eat so much.

Back