Bulking Up

neosamurai1979

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Right now, I'm sitting at 172lbs, but looking to pack on about 5lbs to 10lbs of muscle. My current routine is lifting every other day: Mondays is chest, biceps, abs. Wednesday is shoulders, back and abs, and Friday is Legs, Triceps and abs. I do cardio on Tuesdays and Thursday for about 40 minutes...am I doing too much cardio that may restrict me from adequately put on muscle? I don't want to cut it out completely for kickboxing purposes and to burn off fat...

Your thoughts, guys?

neosamurai1979 said:
Right now, I'm sitting at 172lbs, but looking to pack on about 5lbs to 10lbs of muscle. My current routine is lifting every other day: Mondays is chest, biceps, abs. Wednesday is shoulders, back and abs, and Friday is Legs, Triceps and abs. I do cardio on Tuesdays and Thursday for about 40 minutes...am I doing too much cardio that may restrict me from adequately put on muscle? I don't want to cut it out completely for kickboxing purposes and to burn off fat...

Your thoughts, guys?

perfect!!!11

too much cardio (for me at least when bulking)
limit it to 20 minutes at a time when bulking with more high intesnisty work, squat, it will up your metabolism and release natural testosterone levels

have some amino acids before the cardio if you can and some complex carbs
have protein after your run and some carbs

after workouts eat a whole lot of food , lots of carbs and a good amount of protein, drink lots of water, get rest

what the fuck.....Biceps are not a major muscle group and definately not for fighting....I just build them up enough with pull ups

Back