Building Strength/Maintaining Speed

He was a twig, hardly a model of S&P when theres so many better examples out there.

what the hell does his appearance have to do with anything?

This thread is like the flight of a baby chick taking it's first flight.

Starts off hopeful looking onto the expansive sky and horizon. Then the chick leaps and to the wonder of on lookers something peculiar happens. First the chick seems to gain flight after a few wing strokes, but begins to go off course. As the chick is losing altitude quickly it ropes a honey bee for help, but not realizing that the honey bee is full of honey so the rope slips off. But the rope is still sticky with honey so the rope sticks to a branch.

The chick then swings like Tarzan and flies through the air in pseudo flight yelling in a prehistoric mating call. As the arch is begging it's downward descent the chick hits a flying squirrel and begins to plunge to the ground. The flying squirrel in its guilt attempts to rescue the chick. Now they're both heading for doom until a bald eagle takes them up in its claws.

Both are thankful for the rescue, but are unaware that the bald eagle has other plans in mind. The eagle plans to feed its young!! However, the chick and flying squirrel have no idea of this impending danger. They think they're being carried off to safety, but after the prolonged flight the flying squirrel becomes suspicious (and it's always the squirrels that are the sharp ones). The squirrel says to the chick:

"Asqe rlakjxc qjqhqweo."

Without responding the chick answers by pecking the eagles feet. The eagle releases the chick and with skill the chick grabs a hold of the flying squirrel being held in the other claw of the eagle. This causes the bald eagle to swerve into a spiraling descent. The bald eagle tries to shake off the squirrel, but the flying squirrel won't let go.

As they're descending the bald eagle spots a herd of hippopotami. The bald eagle quickly hashes a plan to fly over the group hoping one of the hippopotami lunges for the flying squirrel and chick.

The hipopotami quickly recognize the oncoming orgy and being all to familiar with this scene they call help from a nearby giraffe. The giraffe alerts the beavers who quickly build a dam causing the water to rise.

The rising water causes the eagle to miscalculate the drop and the flying squirrel and chick end up landing on top of a

To answer your question, he was one of the first combat athletes who was also a strong proponent of the use of resistance training to increase strength and power as applied to combat sports.

While I would never choose Bruce Lee as a role model for anything, his philosophies do have relevance to the original poster's question and there is no need to get all worked up over it. Aside from the comment about his speed being legendary, I see no semblance of any sort of worship here.

Your question is like me asking, "What the hell does Clevio Massimo or Louis Cyr have to do with strength training for wrestling?"

Nice, someone deleted hunto's post just before I answered it.

To answer your question, he was one of the first combat athletes who was also a strong proponent of the use of resistance training to increase strength and power as applied to combat sports.

While I would never choose Bruce Lee as a role model for anything, his philosophies do have relevance to the original poster's question and there is no need to get all worked up over it. Aside from the comment about his speed being legendary, I see no semblance of any sort of worship here.

Your question is like me asking, "What the hell does Clevio Massimo or Louis Cyr have to do with strength training for wrestling?"

Another BL worshipper.

:rolleyes:

Denial, denial, denial.

Are you fucking serious? Tell me what I am denying.

Are you fucking serious? Tell me what I am denying.

Flying squirrels are a very sharp species of Glaucomys.

This thread is like the flight of a baby chick taking it's first flight.

Starts off hopeful looking onto the expansive sky and horizon. Then the chick leaps and to the wonder of on lookers something peculiar happens. First the chick seems to gain flight after a few wing strokes, but begins to go off course. As the chick is losing altitude quickly it ropes a honey bee for help, but not realizing that the honey bee is full of honey so the rope slips off. But the rope is still sticky with honey so the rope sticks to a branch.

The chick then swings like Tarzan and flies through the air in pseudo flight yelling in a prehistoric mating call. As the arch is begging it's downward descent the chick hits a flying squirrel and begins to plunge to the ground. The flying squirrel in its guilt attempts to rescue the chick. Now they're both heading for doom until a bald eagle takes them up in its claws.

Both are thankful for the rescue, but are unaware that the bald eagle has other plans in mind. The eagle plans to feed its young!! However, the chick and flying squirrel have no idea of this impending danger. They think they're being carried off to safety, but after the prolonged flight the flying squirrel becomes suspicious (and it's always the squirrels that are the sharp ones). The squirrel says to the chick:

"Asqe rlakjxc qjqhqweo."

Without responding the chick answers by pecking the eagles feet. The eagle releases the chick and with skill the chick grabs a hold of the flying squirrel being held in the other claw of the eagle. This causes the bald eagle to swerve into a spiraling descent. The bald eagle tries to shake off the squirrel, but the flying squirrel won't let go.

As they're descending the bald eagle spots a herd of hippopotami. The bald eagle quickly hashes a plan to fly over the group hoping one of the hippopotami lunges for the flying squirrel and chick.

The hipopotami quickly recognize the oncoming orgy and being all to familiar with this scene they call help from a nearby giraffe. The giraffe alerts the beavers who quickly build a dam causing the water to rise.

The rising water causes the eagle to miscalculate the drop and the flying squirrel and chick end up landing on top of a

on top of a... What??? Don't leave me hanging here man...how does the story end??

hunto - as someone who seems to know a lot about Bruce Lee, is it true that he could punch his fingertips through a Coke can?

If so, then I'd say that's a prodigious feat of finger strength.

If not, then damn Wikipedia and their lies. :(

Flying squirrels are a very sharp species of Glaucomys.

If that is what I am denying then you are wrong because I agree with that statement.

on top of a... What??? Don't leave me hanging here man...how does the story end??

I was writing and then I started to think about gardening and forgot what I was going to write.

Did you know grafting can be used to create interesting combination of plants. Like you could take an orange branch and graft it onto a lemon branch and have a tree that produces both lemons and oranges. I'm going to do this with roses and papya because I would like to smell roses when I pick my papaya. Not that papyaa is smelly or anything.

I was writing and then I started to think about gardening and forgot what I was going to write.

Did you know grafting can be used to create interesting combination of plants. Like you could take an orange branch and graft it onto a lemon branch and have a tree that produces both lemons and oranges. I'm going to do this with roses and papya because I would like to smell roses when I pick my papaya. Not that papyaa is smelly or anything.

So could I graft all sorts of fruit trees together and create a fruit salad tree?

hunto - as someone who seems to know a lot about Bruce Lee, is it true that he could punch his fingertips through a Coke can?

If so, then I'd say that's a prodigious feat of finger strength.

If not, then damn Wikipedia and their lies. :(

Wiki says this (remember that anyone can edit Wiki)
"Lee could thrust his fingers through unopened steel cans of Coca-Cola, at a time before cans were made of the softer aluminum ****l."
I call bullshit on this, like so much else he supposedly did; maybe aluminum, but in the absence of film to prove otherwise, I say bullshit on a steel can. Thrust his fingers into a full unopened one? No. Absolutely not.

In fact, I would go so far as to say no one ever poked an unopened steel can with his finger and made a hole in it. It's shit like this that makes me hate BL nuthuggers. They've mythologized him.

So could I graft all sorts of fruit trees together and create a fruit salad tree?

My friend is tall and skinny like a tree. I'm going to graft his arm onto a banana tree then plant in Philadelphia to find out whether the city is really full of cannibals.

^ I definitely just read those posts in the "Idiot in the Gym" thread, the fruit forum badasses lol.

I'm sick of all these blind grafting worshipers like zop. All good gardeners know that genetic engineering is far superior to outdated grafting.

^ I definitely just read those posts in the "Idiot in the Gym" thread, the fruit forum badasses lol.

I'm sick of all these blind grafting worshipers like zop. All good gardeners know that genetic engineering is far superior to outdated grafting.

Grafting has been used for centuries. Why deny the respect to which it so clearly deserves. Are you going to through away your great grandmother to your local brothel as soon as you come into possession of a fine piece of ass? Of course not your gonna fuck the hell out of the ass and be respectful to your great grandmother (at the same time if it gets you up). Same goes for grafting and genetic engineering. You can fuck the brains out of genetic engineering, but don't forget to give credit where it's due.

Back