Building My Own Squat Rack (With Pictures)

That rack would go nicely with my reverse hyper. Good job.

Good job building the rack. If I had the skills to do it, I would. I need to take a simpler route.

It really wasn't that hard. My dad has a nice rotary saw which sped the process up, but almost every cut was pretty straight (except the supports on the back and the top of the squat rack). You can do it, have some faith in yourself.

Nice looking and economical, nice job dude.

I was actually planning this exact thing in the summer. Looks VERY good! I'll def. use this pictures for guidance. Thanks!

looks great dude, ima have to reference this page for future use

thanks again

Nice looking rack! DIY is the best.

I love the Ferrigno brand weights too. :icon_chee

Very cool...It'd just be worried about the bar rolling off and ontop you. I guess you'll use more support than just those nails stopping the bar from coming down.

Very cool...It'd just be worried about the bar rolling off and ontop you. I guess you'll use more support than just those nails stopping the bar from coming down.

I remedied that earlier this morning before my afternoon lift. I put two steel brackets on each side. They extend up about an inch and a half and keep the bar from rolling up really well. The nails were kind of just temporary. I'll get some pictures up later on.

If anyone is keeping track of the cost, the new steel brackets cost about $2.79.

Nice looking rack! DIY is the best.

I love the Ferrigno brand weights too. :icon_chee

Yeah the Ferrigno name was just the icing on the cake when I bought them. I mean, he was the Incredible friggin' Hulk!

For another $3 I think I'd reinforce the top section, where the bar sits. Gonna have a lot of weight sitting in there. I just keep getting this mental image of those bards being pushed apart at the bottom of the 'V' and giving out at some point.

If it were me I think I'd grab some relatively heavy ****l strips with the holes in it, nail one end down and hammer around the boards for a nice tight fit and tack it wherever needed, right below the bottom of that 'V' catch to help out.

Perhaps overly cautious but for the cost it is something -I- would do.

For another $3 I think I'd reinforce the top section, where the bar sits. Gonna have a lot of weight sitting in there. I just keep getting this mental image of those bards being pushed apart at the bottom of the 'V' and giving out at some point.

If it were me I think I'd grab some relatively heavy ****l strips with the holes in it, nail one end down and hammer around the boards for a nice tight fit and tack it wherever needed, right below the bottom of that 'V' catch to help out.

Perhaps overly cautious but for the cost it is something -I- would do.

Good idea, or another way to reinforce it would be to simply put a ****l L-bracket right where the V is.

Good idea, or another way to reinforce it would be to simply put a ****l L-bracket right where the V is.

I forgot to mention that. I did add brackets in the "V", too. I think I'm going to go put up some pictures.

why is m.e.t.a.l censored?

****l

Back