Building a Thai MMA Team?

Enriko davidson

Yellow Belt
Banned
Reaction score
How would you go about building a Thai MMA team if lets say money wasn't an issue and what fighters would you choose for your team?

I think Thai's could be really good at MMA if they showed interest.

Always been interested in this subject but I dont think most on this forum will take this thread seriously tbh. I doubt this could happen any time soon. You would have to be willing to invest a lot of time, effort and money.

But let's just say this could happen. You would have to find some BJJ and MMA trainers. Obviously Thai speaking ones would be best. Get some MuayThai trainers. They dont have to be anything special but hard working is important. Trainers who have worked with MMA fighters or at MMA gyms would be good. Fighters and trainers will come and go. You may have hope in a fighter and one weekend he goes to visit his family and never comes back. Not sure how the Thai camp owners contracts with the fighters works but that would be important. You said money wasn't an issue so if you take care of the fighters/trainers you may have a solid team on your hands. Kinda like Evolve MMA. A lot of good fighters and trainers have moved there because they pay well.

As for choosing a team of fighters you shouldn't concentrate too much on how good a fighter is but on how willing a fighter is. They have to be serious about making this transition and willing to work hard. Age is also important. But if your asking stylistically who I think has the right style or who I would like to see in MMA then to name a few:

170lbs: Thongchai
155lbs: Yodwicha and Superbon
145lbs: Petpanomrung and Rittewada
135lbs: Superlek

1. Build a lab
2. Hire a movement coach
3. Purchase tractor tire and sledgehammers
4. Get a floatation tank
5. Bring in a breathing coach and oxygen deprivation masks
6. Get a Neo Footwork expert
7. Build a Cryo Chamber
8. Hire Mind Coach Vinny Shoreman
9. TDD
10. Win Championships

1. Build a lab
2. Hire a movement coach
4. Get a floatation tank
7. Build a Cryo Chamber
9. TDD
10. Win Championships
I guess JayMuaythai was right about some people not taking this seriously. If your not going to give a serious answer can you go somewhere else please.

I guess JayMuaythai was right about some people not taking this seriously. If your not going to give a serious answer can you go somewhere else please.
You could choose which posts to read and which ones you don't. Im not going anywhere...

No offense but I don't take these seriously either. What if zyz? Discuss. -type threads are fairly useless. At least offer up your own take on it in the OP otherwise what's the point of this?

As far as I know, combat sports other than Muay Thai are still banned from competition in Thailand, so while MMA training exists there, getting a dedicated MMA team together has a lot of hurdles.

As far as I know, combat sports other than Muay Thai are still banned from competition in Thailand, so while MMA training exists there, getting a dedicated MMA team together has a lot of hurdles.

not banned, never was, One FC had a big MMA event in Bangkok a couple of months ago

i
not banned, never was, One FC had a big MMA event in Bangkok a couple of months ago
i heard the athletic commision isn't sanctioning it or something? how does that work

The Sports Authority of Thailand said they didn't recognise it as a sport, never said it was banned.

The Sports Authority of Thailand said they didn't recognise it as a sport, never said it was banned.
yeah so what does that mean to a fighter. will they not recieve insurance benefits if they get injuries?

yeah so what does that mean to a fighter. will they not recieve insurance benefits if they get injuries?
Are you saying fighters receive insurance benefits for injuries in Thailand? They don't even get that in the US...

Are you saying fighters receive insurance benefits for injuries in Thailand? They don't even get that in the US...
lol i was thinking of that but i thought i read something like that. even 3rd world countries have insurance but i have no idea of how it works in thailand ;P

I was drunk when i wrote that but i think i remember there was some important benefit that the fighters or the promotions didnt get because the sport authority doesnt recognize it

Last edited:
No offense but I don't take these seriously either. What if zyz? Discuss. -type threads are fairly useless. At least offer up your own take on it in the OP otherwise what's the point of this?
I'm retiring in a few years and I'm moving out to Thailand with my wife. Always wanted to start up my own gym. The chances of me ever going through with it are low but still doesn't hurt to ask questions.

1. Build a lab
2. Hire a movement coach
4. Get a floatation tank
7. Build a Cryo Chamber
9. TDD
10. Win Championships
11.Hire Mike Dolce for his bro science
12.Hire a PR agent that specializes on failed drug tests
13. Introduce a Muay Thai belt system, the Thai nak muay's are obvious white belts cause they don't spam leg kicks and don't try to kill each other in sparring

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back