Buffets

Buffets are mediocre at best. I’ve never understood the appeal... you get bad pizza, chicken and bland cakes?

I love buffets, the concept of it but they’re dicey in practice, Indian and Mediterranean are the two bests ones around me. There’s a sushi one that has good stuff too, I mean it’s sushi buffet in Texas but fuck it, they got spare ribs.

I spent years working on remote sites where the mess had buffets so it was all i could eat for breakfastt, lunch and dinner. Day in, Day out, years on end.

and now i fucking love buffets

I havent been to a buffet since i was 17yrs old with the wrestling team.

I never understood the appeal. People love them here though.

It's the only way to eat Chinese. There's a good Mexican buffet here too. I generally don't like buffets with American food, like Golden Coral or something like that. Cici's is great when you're drunk.

I spent years working on remote sites where the mess had buffets so it was all i could eat for breakfastt, lunch and dinner. Day in, Day out, years on end.

and now i fucking love buffets

I did a project in central QLD once on an oil and gas site, couldn’t believe the breakfast spread, amazing. And then you make your lunch after breakfast, even better!

I did a project in central QLD once on an oil and gas site, couldn’t believe the breakfast spread, amazing. And then you make your lunch after breakfast, even better!
it's a fucking beauty. On the project sites, the food is generally top quality. Once the site swings over to full time operations the food takes a massive dive.
Case in point - I've been on construction projects where the chefs were given a budget of $22 per meal per person. So $66 bucks per person a day. So they could load a buffet with seafood, steaks, buy premium foods, they could staff up to make fresh shit in house every day, etc. When the site went operational the budget dropped from $22/meal to like $6/meal. Same chefs, same number of people, same kitchen, just no money lol. Getting second fruit, pre-made frozen salads from vietnam, steak with more gristle than madonna, etc.

I do the one at Caesar's whenever I take a trip to Vegas. Other than that, I try to avoid them because I don't want to get fat and stsrt having health issues.

it's a fucking beauty. On the project sites, the food is generally top quality. Once the site swings over to full time operations the food takes a massive dive.
Case in point - I've been on construction projects where the chefs were given a budget of $22 per meal per person. So $66 bucks per person a day. So they could load a buffet with seafood, steaks, buy premium foods, they could staff up to make fresh shit in house every day, etc. When the site went operational the budget dropped from $22/meal to like $6/meal. Same chefs, same number of people, same kitchen, just no money lol. Getting second fruit, pre-made frozen salads from vietnam, steak with more gristle than madonna, etc.

I was at the end of that particular project so probably just before it went operational (commissioning electrical infrastructure), yeah great grub. Geez the nights got lonely though, would be a tough thing to do for a long time I reckon.

I was at the end of that particular project so probably just before it went operational (commissioning electrical infrastructure), yeah great grub. Geez the nights got lonely though, would be a tough thing to do for a long time I reckon.
it's never that lonely

QR3SpWfzDrcu5_D_yLmNwmA5EU_X0G5tU9Jw_K0KiRo.jpg

I generally stay away from buffets, but if i go i’ll make sure it’s a decent one. Going to Vegas in a few weeks and I will definitely do the one at Ceasar’s.

Only a select few.

Salti’s in West Seattle is one, and so are those churrascarias, if you think about it. Texas de Brazil and such. Just depends.

I never go to any like Golden Corral or Chinese food though. That shit is always trash.

Back