Buffalo Wild Wings Wouldn't Show UFC In The Dining Area

Here in germany its not even legal to show ufc in the tv. It ran once for a time, in the Middle of the night with Tons of sex comercials. But now even that is illegal.

thats pretty interesting, not surprising bc the fights are crazy violent at times - im sure they still show the PPVs since people specifically go for that, but they prefer a football game to a fight when its not a big event

I've seen a couple of UFC cards at BWW, most recent being DC v. Rumble. I usually get a table and end up watching the prelims on the small screen they have per table and continue to watch it on there. When the main card starts they start playing it on more screens across the restaurant and then as other games finish more screens switch over to it.

So yeah, that has not been the case for the BWW I go to

I'm a liberal progressive, and I especially favor young children watching Ronda Rousey, Joanna Jedrzejczyk, and others show how badass women can be!

Shouldn't you show them being teachers, doctors, and the like? Showing kids they can solve problems by being mean and punchy doesn't help society.

Some of the fights are ugly gotta admit. I respect those who don't want to watch, especially when they don't understand it.

I used to go to B-dubs a lot, but all the locations stopped showing fights about 3 years back.

Couple things... About three years ago the UFC increased the PPV cost greatly. A friend that ran a bar said the cost was tripled for their bar, so they stopped getting the PPVs. This is why a lot of places stopped carrying right about the same time.

Also, while many BBWs don't carry PPVs, some do. Gotta check the UFC website to find out.

And last, since the UFC has begun showing as many free cards as they do PPV cards, it can't hurt to check the site to. Many bars that don't carry an expensive PPV, will show a free card on FS1.

Shouldn't you show them being teachers, doctors, and the like? Showing kids they can solve problems by being mean and punchy doesn't help society.

It does help society to show that women are more than just eye candy that waves giant numbers around while wearing bikinis.

And when did he say he didn't show other positive female role models to his kids?

That would probably do it, to all of us that fight is an incredibly showing of heart and skills to the family who drives a minivan and doesn't watch anything over PG-13 then it's just a gross bloody brawl.

another poster brought up a good point family is ok with drunk people being loud and possibly vulgar and disgusting but not ok with two people fighting on the tv who do it for a living.

and you think the owner wouldnt confront loud and vulgar drunks? if there are kids there, and their parents complain - those drunks would be out of there pretty quick.
I love it how insecure MMA fans consider themselves tough and manly because they watch MMA.

I love going to buffalo wild wings to watch UFC events.

Yea, most BWs are pretty chill if you're away from the bar.

the bww near my house shows every single ppv and i love it. If its a good hyped card and theres a lot of people its always fun to hear the reactions, especially during main events if theres a finish.

I love going to b dubs almost every ppv, its tough to top being around friends, alcohol, food and watching sports

The real reason is that they prob don't want fight fans camping out for 3 hours in the dining room when they could be turning tables of little league shits and their booze hound coaches all night.

After that Rory/Lawler fight, this doesn't surprise me.

I watched that fight with a bunch of randoms and casuals. There was a lot of stomach turning.

It does help society to show that women are more than just eye candy that waves giant numbers around while wearing bikinis.

And when did he say he didn't show other positive female role models to his kids?

Come off that high horse for a sec now. Cage fighting is a fringe activity even on the male side, it's hardly necessary to show women in the same light. If you want options for chicks, let them watch something more mainstream like soccer or tennis.

So they are not OK with looking at people fight in a cage as a professional sport.

Yet they are OK with eating corpses of animals who led a horrible life in a cage WAY smaller than the octagon. And those chickens are on even more hormones than the fighters are too.

Hypocrisy at its finest

Who cares, go to another place.

The last step before overtaking soccer is getting to show UFC fights in a chicken wing restaurants dining room.

Why didn't you just order your stupid wings at the bar? Some people don't want to watch some dude just bleed all over the place while eating a rare steak.

It's a family restaurant. It's completely understandable.

Go to a bar, like a grown up.

Back