Bryan Caraway - why do people hate him?

I had dibs on Miesha and he took advantage of me being thousands of miles away and swooped right in there. I thought that was a kind of sneaky thing to do and i'll never forgive him for it.

I don't hate him although i'm jealous with every molecule in my body that this guy gets do play with Miesha's naked body anytime he wishes.

The hate roots a little deeper than miesha for me although it does irk me that he hits that
From it's from him being "kid lighting" and being hyped up on Tuf then on the show he gets punked out by corassani and cries and throws up over having to face barao.
He seriously came off as the biggest bitch to ever set foot in the octagon.
Then add to that the rousey and healy stuff and how could anyone stand this dude.

white knights love Ronda.

Yes he does

whiteknight.gif

Come on, Ronda said she would kick his ass and he replied he'd knock her teeth out, why is it okay for Ronda to say all this hateful stuff but not Carroway? Because he's a guy?

The rest I agree with you on.

As has previously been posted, what she said was in the context of a joke. Then in typical dbag form Caraway responds that he'd break rhonda's arm, and knock her teeth down her throat. If you dont see the disparity in those two statements given the context... i dont know what to tell you.

As for why he's hated, it's pretty simple:

1: On tuf he was a fucking cry baby about everything, went on and on about how he was the best one on the show... then got his ass brutally smashed by Brandao. He likes to antagonize and instigate, but when people would return the favor he couldn't handle it. Very hard to like a guy who talks a big game but loses his shit when someone calls him out.

2: As stated above, he WAY WAY over reacted to a harmless statement made in a joking manner. This would be bad enough if he was talking about another male fighter, but he was talking about a woman. Say what you will about about Rousey, but at the end of the day it looks terrible for a male fighter to talk about permanently harming a female fighter and enjoying it... regardless of what provoked it.

3: His style is lack luster, especially for a guy who runs his mouth so much. He's been known to coast if he feels he's ahead on points. My least favorite kind of fighter.

4: The Healy situation really sealed his fate as a heel. Healy submitted Jim Miller and got submission of the night. Healy later had his win turned over for testing positive for cannabis. Caraway went on a twitter campaign to get the submission bonus money. When he finally got what he was squawking about, he went on a few self righteous "drugs are bad" rants... and even went as far as to say he was happy Healy (who he claims is a friend and former training partner) lost the money and they deserved it more. Just bad form all the way around IMO.

5: Rumored elbow to the head of Cat Zengano.

6: Rumored charge for an autograph for a kid, and signed it "GO FUCK YOURSELF"

Sadly the list goes on. It'll be nice when this turn fades back into obscurity.

As has previously been posted, what she said was in the context of a joke. Then in typical dbag form Caraway responds that he'd break rhonda's arm, and knock her teeth down her throat. If you dont see the disparity in those two statements given the context... i dont know what to tell you.

1: On tuf he was a fucking cry baby about everything, went on and on about how he was the best one on the show... then got his ass brutally smashed by Brandao. He likes to antagonize and instigate, but when people would return the favor he couldn't handle it. Very hard to like a guy who talks a big game but loses his shit when someone calls him out.

2: As stated above, he WAY WAY over reacted to a harmless statement made in a joking manner. This would be bad enough if he was talking about another male fighter, but he was talking about a woman. Say what you will about about Rousey, but at the end of the day it looks terrible for a male fighter to talk about permanently harming a female fighter and enjoying it... regardless of what provoked it.

3: His style is lack luster, especially for a guy who runs his mouth so much. He's been known to coast if he feels he's ahead on points. My least favorite kind of fighter.

4: The Healy situation really sealed his fate as a heel. Healy submitted Jim Miller and got submission of the night. Healy later had his win turned over for testing positive for cannabis. Caraway went on a twitter campaign to get the submission bonus money. When he finally got what he was squawking about, he went on a few self righteous "drugs are bad" rants... and even went as far as to say he was happy Healy (who he claims is a friend and former training partner) lost the money and they deserved it more. Just bad form all the way around IMO.

Oh stop, Ronda smack talked him he smack talked right back, then deleted it and apologized, there is nothing else to say. To still give him shit for it is just beyond emo. The guy proved on TUF that he was very mature with Ronda and apologized to her AGAIN! With her behavior there is nothing that he did wrong. She has been COMPLETELY out of line from day 1 with Carroway and Tate.

Also, the Cat thing didn't happen, it's been debunked.

The rest I agree on though, those are valid.

Thank you for writing all of that, I completely agree with everything said as to why...I hope in his next fight Perez punishes his ass!

Oh stop, Ronda smack talked him he smack talked right back, then deleted it and apologized, there is nothing else to say. To still give him shit for it is just beyond emo. The guy proved on TUF that he was very mature with Ronda and apologized to her AGAIN! With her behavior there is nothing that he did wrong. She has been COMPLETELY out of line from day 1 with Carroway and Tate.

Also, the Cat thing didn't happen, it's been debunked.

The rest I agree on though, those are valid.

Apparently we have differing opinions on what smack talk is. Regardless of gender, if someone said "Im gonna beat up So and So and their momma too", it's obvious that it isn't anything meant to be taken seriously. What Rhonda said was meant to be harmless smack talk in similar fashion. Everyone on the JRE that day took it as such and had a good laugh about it including Rhonda.

Caraway however, in no way form or fashion "talked smack"... or if he thought he was talking smack he's an idiot. For a guy to say "i'll break your arm, and smash your teeth down your throat" to a woman, regardless of provocation is just bad form. You can disagree with it, and thats fine... but you have to see why so many other people would see it the same way i do.

As for the Cat elbow thing, i honestly dont know if it happened nor do i care to research the "debunking" of said elbow. Which is why i said "Rumored", because it's not meant to be accepted as recorded history. It just illustrates the kind of attention Caraway gets, and why people would hate the guy.

caraway and tate deserve each other. two of the most irrelevant losers in mma.

His style is lack luster, especially for a guy who runs his mouth so much. He's been known to coast if he feels he's ahead on points. My least favorite kind of fighter.
He's finished 17 of his 18 wins. Clearly a point fighter.

He's finished 17 of his 18 wins. Clearly a point fighter.

Did I call him a point fighter? Shh troll.

I said, A: I dont like his style. and B: He coasts if the opportunity presents itself.

Theres video proof of this as well... so i really dont understand the point you're trying to make. How does this impact in any way the overall discussion being had? Do you have anything intelligent to offer in that regard? Or are you content making asinine points?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back