Bryan Caraway - why do people hate him?

You just gave a single example of his perceived trait of coasting in fights. While i agree it happened one time (albeit he was just following the advice of his corner) i do not think you can say he has a tendency to coast in fights as a whole statement. Especially, taking into consideration that his record greatly suggests that he is always looking for a finish.

By the rationale you are using, you could say GSP had a tendency of delivering low blows in championship fights since it happened 2x in the Hughes 2 fight.

All i am saying is that a incident that happened in one fight, should not be considered a "tendency."

Also, i retract my comment of your usage of Litany. I was referring to it in its most common usage referring to recital of prayer between clergy and congregation. The only reason i brought it up is because it was on my GMAT exam and i used the way you did, only to get it wrong.

So technically, yes you did use it correctly, it just is not the best word choice.

Plus i felt like picking a fight.

Tendency may have been a poor word choice on my part, as i meant to convey the perceived tendency given what people saw his corner instruct him and his agreeing with their instructions. I fully acknowledge that he is not a stalling/LnP/point fighter. I honestly was just trying to give the example of why people dislike him, given that very public corner instruction.

As far as if he was ahead on points, should have been given the decision, actually did try to coast... Caraway should have been winning and probably deserved the UD 29-28 or a draw at the very least.

However, at this point any professional fighter that assumes they know what the judges are thinking and is content with putting the fight in their hands deserves to lose IMO. Every fighter needs to approach each round with the intent to finish the fight. The concept of "not taking unnecessary risks" is counter intuitive to being in a cage fight. I really dislike the mentality of it being a "sporting contest" that "should be won on points". Fighters should view it as a fight, and have the sole intent to finish by what ever means necessary. In the event neither fighter can finish the fight, then the points come into play to award a winner. The fighters that consider scoring points ahead of finishing the fight are a cancer to what made MMA great in the first place.

Which brings us full circle. The opinion above is shared by the majority of MMA fans (from my experience), and when they see/hear of someone getting corner instructions to "just coast" it really rubs them the wrong way. Caraway being the public villain already wasn't/isn't given the benefit of the doubt from the average fan when Tate gave him this poor advice and he agreed to follow it. This has no connection to his actual finishing rate, or what his fighting tendencies really are. Most people probably didn't bother to look at his fighting history to investigate the merit of their assumption from the isolated incident, thus only adding to his negative public perception.

Tendency may have been a poor word choice on my part, as i meant to convey the perceived tendency given what people saw his corner instruct him and his agreeing with their instructions. I fully acknowledge that he is not a stalling/LnP/point fighter. I honestly was just trying to give the example of why people dislike him, given that very public corner instruction.

As far as if he was ahead on points, should have been given the decision, actually did try to coast... Caraway should have been winning and probably deserved the UD 29-28 or a draw at the very least.

However, at this point any professional fighter that assumes they know what the judges are thinking and is content with putting the fight in their hands deserves to lose IMO. Every fighter needs to approach each round with the intent to finish the fight. The concept of "not taking unnecessary risks" is counter intuitive to being in a cage fight. I really dislike the mentality of it being a "sporting contest" that "should be won on points". Fighters should view it as a fight, and have the sole intent to finish by what ever means necessary. In the event neither fighter can finish the fight, then the points come into play to award a winner. The fighters that consider scoring points ahead of finishing the fight are a cancer to what made MMA great in the first place.

Which brings us full circle. The opinion above is shared by the majority of MMA fans (from my experience), and when they see/hear of someone getting corner instructions to "just coast" it really rubs them the wrong way. Caraway being the public villain already wasn't/isn't given the benefit of the doubt from the average fan when Tate gave him this poor advice and he agreed to follow it. This has no connection to his actual finishing rate, or what his fighting tendencies really are. Most people probably didn't bother to look at his fighting history to investigate the merit of their assumption from the isolated incident, thus only adding to his negative public perception.

Yep, you omit the word tendency I completely agree with your argument.

Hey Break_the_will, the guy who is "known to coast" just finished another fight.

As people have stated, Meisha. But I found myself happy with his win. The other guy was so cocky. So much ****.

I like him because of what he said about honda. I'm not trying to get Meisha anyway and I don't get jealous of what others have. I do wish he would go full bad guy against honda though and really get under her skin.

because he banging Meisha and these neck beards are jealous

Taking Meisha and complaining when things don't go his way.

This

BpkyGlXIUAAYwCR.jpg

I would love to watch him smash ronda. If a woman is going to act tough and talk big to man then the man has all the rite to treat her like a man.

Back