Bryan Barberena vs. Jake Ellenberger rescheduled for August/Lincoln FN (135) event

Anybody brought up that Barbarena beat Joe Ellenberger to retirement?
How many people have fought brothers before? I assume the Overeem brothers share some common opponents

I Ellenberger fucking Dana or vice versa? How the fuck is he still employed?

2-8 in the last 5 years with 6 loses coming from stoppages.

He is in that Bigfoot Silva area and he is only 33.
I always knew being friends with Dana get's you far, but this is really stretching things. Jake isn't even a big draw, nor does he have much of a personality. He should probably get cut and retire for the sake of his health more than anything.

Oddly very interested in this fight.

Barberena outworks him

Anybody brought up that Barbarena beat Joe Ellenberger to retirement?
How many people have fought brothers before? I assume the Overeem brothers share some common opponents
Happens more then u think there's the Gracie, Emelianenko, Nogueira, shamrock, Rua, Diaz and that's just the big names i can think of.

Last edited:
I've never rooted for Ellenberger much but I'll be rooting wholeheartedly for this fight

Since he isn't retiring... hope Jake does get a win. But this guy needs to fight smart and avoid the bang.

Vinnie Barberino likely wins at this stage
TiredVelvetyLacewing-size_restricted.gif

I guess that would be a submission?

I remember when I thought Ellenberger would be champion<DCrying>
He could've been had he not jumped on the GFC hypetrain. It's crazy were talking about retiring him and he's 3 years younger than the champ, who looks great. Just goes to show what a bad camp could do to an otherwise great career.

Back