Bryan Barbarena's physique

9648.jpg

I Lift.......and lifting doesn't translate much to Grappling Strength or Punching Strength.

Sure it can help a bit but nothing drastic.

It's not like if you Bench 405lbs, Deadlift 600lbs, and Squat 600lbs, you are gonna be a KO machine......Canelo/GGG could bench 225lbs and they will still punch harder than you.

If you find lifting doesn't help you're doing it wrong.

If you think this is gay you should see the Paulo Costa threads.

Nothing inherently gay about saying someone is flabby or ripped, dumbass. What is really gay, though, is if your mind immediately goes to gay thoughts when you see these threads, and you see everything through a lens of gayness. Because you're gay.

Really? Lifting has helped me a lot in strength. You must be doing it wrong
Sure bro.

I bet u ben askren still is 500x stronger than you even though you bench, squat. And deadlift more than him.

images

Skinny fat. The worst thing to be. It just looks weird. Skinny is ok. Fat is ok. But Skinny fat..bad combo

But hey, he is winning so I guess it works out for him. He beat UFC Mr Olympia

If you find lifting doesn't help you're doing it wrong.
I said it helps really really little....if u increase your deadlift/squats by 150lbs...you are not gonna get huge jump in grappling strength or punching strength.

images

Again, this guy probably has horrible gym numbers....he is still way stronger than you when it comes to MMA grappling strength.

I said it helps really really little....if u increase your deadlift/squats by 150lbs...you are not gonna get huge jump in grappling strength or punching strength.

images

Again, this guy probably has horrible gym numbers....he is still way stronger than you when it comes to MMA grappling strength.

I guarantee you that Askren can DL at least 400 (3x bw). Dat grip strength.

Jon Jones DLs over 600... do you think that didn't factor in to him being stronger than DC while 20lbs lighter in-cage?

If you find that deadlifts aren't helping your grappling try doing them raw, overhand grip, for maximum grip strength gains

He was probably very heavy and lost some weight. Bodyfat shouldn't matter unless it affects your cardio.

I think the man just has bad family body genetics can't understand even if you don't train with weights and just train how the f*k you remain so shapeless & doughy looking...?

Nothing inherently gay about saying someone is flabby or ripped, dumbass. What is really gay, though, is if your mind immediately goes to gay thoughts when you see these threads, and you see everything through a lens of gayness. Because you're gay.

<{danawhoah}>

Roasted

I guarantee you that Askren can DL at least 400 (3x bw). Dat grip strength.

Jon Jones DLs over 600... do you think that didn't factor in to him being stronger than DC while 20lbs lighter in-cage?

If you find that deadlifts aren't helping your grappling try doing them raw, overhand grip, for maximum grip strength gains
LMFAO...Do you even lift,bro?

First of all 400lbs is not elite for a guy who weights around 180-190lbs like Askren....It's respectable but nothing spectacular

ben-askren.jpg

and I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't deadlift that......but if he could deadlift 400lbs..I guarantee you he is way fucking stronger than people who deadlift 500lbs in MMA grappling.

Jon Jones was a fucking steroids lololololol....The steroids helped a lot...Considering he was on roids, is 6'4(long ass arms, pretty much built for deadlifts and it was a sumo deadlift lol) @ 220lbs...600lbs is not that impressive IMO.

Again deadlifts help you but it's nothing drastic at all.....Jon Jones in the first Cormier fight was already as strong or stronger(Was probably on roids) but he couldn't deadlift 600lbs at that time....nothing changed...the deadlifts didn't make him 1000 times stronger.

Last edited:
LMFAO...Do you even lift,bro?

First of all 400lbs is not elite for a guy who weights around 180-190lbs like Askren....It's respectable but nothing spectacular

ben-askren.jpg

and I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't deadlift that......but if he could deadlift 400lbs..I guarantee you he is way fucking stronger than people who deadlift 500lbs in MMA grappling.

Jon Jones was a fucking steroids lololololol....The steroids helped a lot...Considering he was on roids, is 6'4(long ass arms, pretty much built for deadlifts and it was a sumo deadlift lol) @ 220lbs...600lbs is not that impressive IMO.

Again deadlift help you but it's nothing drastic at all.....Jon Jones in the first Cormier fight was already as strong or stronger(Was probably on roids) but he couldn't deadlift 600lbs at that time....nothing changed...the deadlifts didn't make him 1000 times stronger.

I had a reply written out but then I reread your post and it was so dumb that I changed my mind and would rather not.

Good luck with your training!

Back