Bruno From Brasa

Hamburger Legs

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Sup fellow grapplers and grapplettes? If anyone was at the Mundials this year and saw the final fight for whatever weight division it was(I think like 155 or so) between Cobrinha and that one guy Bruno whateverhislastnameis from Brasa, I'm sure you noticed you were not only witness to an awesome match, but an extremely technical display of jiu-jitsu. Everyone knows Cobrinha, and he's awesome, but who is this Bruno guy? I have never seen him before, and I watched him go through everyone in that division until he met Cobrinha in the finals. He was the guy with that black gi with all the patches, if anyone was wondering(kinda bad complexion with a breathe-easy strip on his nose too). Does anyone have any video of this guy? What kind of gi was he wearing? The sweeps the two of them did on each other over and over again in the finals was really something to watch, I still can't stop thinking about that fight. Anyway, all input is welcome.

PS. Any other standouts you guys noticed at the Mundials that maybe weren't as famous as Xande or Andre?

brunobt2.jpg

He is staying with Roberto Traven at the moment until the No-GI Mundials come around. The guy is a legit bad ass and a legit all round good guy. Bruno is definitely someone to watch out for in the years to come. The only thing that's going to stop him from dominating his weight in the coming years is if he decides to do more MMA than BJJ, which is possible.

Bruno is definitely someone to watch out for in the years to come. The only thing that's going to stop him from dominating his weight in the coming years is if he decides to do more MMA than BJJ, which is possible.

That and Cobrinha

Guy is sick. At last years mundials, one of my instructors drew him in the first round. I think that he met Cobrinha in the Semi's last year and he was the only one that Cobrinha couldnt submit!

He just recently joined Brasa, I think that he was part of Godoi/Tozi jiu jitsu last year?

I heard Cobrinha broke Frazzato's foot in their match. Is that true?

I am not taking anything away from Cobrinha. He is definitely number one right now. Just think Bruno will be there in the next few years.

His foot wasn't broken, but it was hurt. Bruno was up on a single advantage and wanted to win the fight on points so went for a sweep (I think) but got countered and caught with a toe-hold. He said he didn't want to tap, but there was too much left in the match for him to hold out.

He is 3-0 in MMA right now. I believe he fought in a match a few weeks before the Mundials!!!

i have trained with bruno, he is the real deal, great BJJ and he works hard on his strking too. Great guy on top of it, though with his limited english, it was tough to communicate with him, but still the great qualities came through.

Back