Bruno Fernandes Seminar

Easto

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
On Sunday my club is having its first seminar since being affiliated with Gracie Barra. They have Bruno Fernandes scheduled to come in for a 4 hours seminar for $50/person. 2 hours of Gi and 2 hours of No-Gi

I have been doing BJJ since March. I started with No-Gi and did that for 4 weeks, then switched over to Gi and have done it since. With my experience level, would it be worth it for me to hit up this seminar? This is a new BJJ club, so we don't have any Black or Brown belts and the instructor has told Bruno that this is a newer club and no high ranked belts.

On Sunday my club is having its first seminar since being affiliated with Gracie Barra. They have Bruno Fernandes scheduled to come in for a 4 hours seminar for $50/person. 2 hours of Gi and 2 hours of No-Gi

I have been doing BJJ since March. I started with No-Gi and did that for 4 weeks, then switched over to Gi and have done it since. With my experience level, would it be worth it for me to hit up this seminar? This is a new BJJ club, so we don't have any Black or Brown belts and the instructor has told Bruno that this is a newer club and no high ranked belts.

A 50 dollar seminar is a pretty good deal. Any extra experience you can get helps. At that price you can't really pass it up. We got De La riva coming up for 2 days next month. I don't really need to learn DLR guard at this point in my BJJ career but for 100 dollars for 2 days, now way I am passing that up.

I am also thinking that if I am starting to develop some type of bad habits having a black belt watch you roll is a good thing. He can pick up on some of the bad things I do and I can work on dropping them before it is too late.

Great price, and like Manifold said any experiance you can get helps. I suggest doing it. Maybe even post it in your training log afterwards to share.

I saw Bruno compete against Andre Galvao at the last pan-ams, and he really impressed me. His defense was phenominal and he actually swept Galvao, only to lose by advantages. I spoke to him later and he was very friendly. Maybe I'll make the drive down and attend.

Great price, and like Manifold said any experiance you can get helps. I suggest doing it. Maybe even post it in your training log afterwards to share.

Training log can be done if you tell me what a training log should have in it.

Hope you took excellent notes. (sarcasim cming from the Rickson post)

I'd recommend it for no other reason than you will have another person's perspective on the the art. Eventually you are going to develop your own game. If you only learn from one person they are going to heavily influence your development which might not be the best thing.

A training log is a journal, you go and write down a narrative of the techniques you learned, how you did during rolling, what you could have done better/different to get better results.

Training logs are very helpful for seminars since you are usually taught a number of techniques and if you don't write them down you'll be lucky if you remember more than two. Or as one person at my school we called goldfish (because he had a three second memory) he was lucky if he remembered one.

Supposedly we are allowed to take pics, but no video. I willl let you know how it goes

Seminar was good.

The first two hours was Gi and we worked on a lot of butterfly guard (sweeps, defences) and also did side control into a mounted triangle.

The second two hours was no Gi.
- Omoplata
- Triangle
- Rubber guard
- Guard Passes

I enjoyed the Gi portion alot more only because I don't have the flexibility for the rubber guard stuff. I would definitely go to another one of Bruno's seminar's. Very nice guy!

Back