bruce lee's workout

Status
Not open for further replies.
your coach might beat him in a Thai fight because Bruce Lee wasnt a thai fighter. if he was allowed to use his own technique of Jeet kune Do i have no doubt it would be a different story. Bruce Lee never trained in Muay Thai, and all of the research he did in it, he said he wasnt too pleased with what he saw. So therefore its fairly obvious that your trainer is the better Thai boxer

flyingknee16 said:
Your coach is a douche bag. I'm sure your coach could do better than Bruce, huh?

A lot of you guys on these boards don't give Bruce any respect. It's just because he's Chinese and because MMA is the best fighting system today (which evolved from traditional Asian arts), you think that anything remotely Asian is shit. Shit, it feels like you guys give buggers like Chuck Norris and Steven Segal more respect than Bruce. You fuckin' :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s.

Thailand is in Asia, and my coach is Mexican.

You're the fucking :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

i have seen vidoes of bruce lee hitting the bag, and he DEFINITELY DID NOT hit like shit.

"What is it we don't know? You've offered and proven nothing.

Every one of these routines sucks balls. "

what your retarded ass doesn't seem to understand is that is the type of routine most top lifters at that time used. GET IT??????? dont blame the man for living thirty years ago

"My coach had the opportunity to train with Bruce Lee and he said he saw him hit the bag. He says he couldn't hit it worth shit. He said the guys in Thailand at the time would have destroyed Lee in a Thai fight.

I appreciate Lee for his philosophy and his work ethic, but really, this mystique bullshit has to end. Any top lightweight today would demolish him. "

oh, what a surprise, an unknown thai fighter ripping on one of the best martial artists of a generation.
and like i said before NAME ONE FIGHTER AT 135 WHO HAS ANYTHING CLOSE TO THE POWER HE HAD. you cant. because for 135, BRUCE LEE WAS A BADASS MOTHERFUCKER. GO BLOW YOUR COACH.

Madmick said:
Thailand is in Asia, and my coach is Mexican.

You're the fucking :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

I don't care that Thailand is in Asia, it's not really a "TMA" by everyone's standards anyhow but it's still a very excellent martial art nonetheless. I'm talking about anything else besides Muay thai, everyone bashes it if it comes out of Asia.

Your coach is a idiotic, unknown Mexican "fighter." Yeah, I'm sure he could beat Bruce Lee. You and him are both sodomite queers. Time to go to bed for both of you!

flyingknee16 said:
Shit, it feels like you guys give buggers like Chuck Norris and Steven Segal more respect than Bruce. You fuckin' :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s.

I have all the respect in the world for Bruce Lee, but what's wrong with giving respect to Chuck Norris? He had more competetive experience than Bruce!

Madmick said:
My coach had the opportunity to train with Bruce Lee and he said he saw him hit the bag. He says he couldn't hit it worth shit. He said the guys in Thailand at the time would have destroyed Lee in a Thai fight.

I appreciate Lee for his philosophy and his work ethic, but really, this mystique bullshit has to end. Any top lightweight today would demolish him.

LOL

PS: find a new coach

Sonny said:
I have all the respect in the world for Bruce Lee, but what's wrong with giving respect to Chuck Norris? He had more competetive experience than Bruce!

Hmm... this may be true, but even so, Bruce Lee beat Chuck Norris when they fought before and later on when Chuck Norris lied about Bruce admitting Chuck was better than him, Bruce forced Chuck to admit in front of his class that Bruce indeed was better than Chuck. You can look this up on wikipedia if you wiki for Chuck Norris.

I think one thing we are forgetting here. Lee wasn't a tournament fighter and I don't think that he would be competing in MMA today. He was always searching for the "truth" of unarmed combat which means no rules apply. He wouldn't stand and slug it out with someone he knew he couldn't beat. He would kick them in the nuts and throw one of those finger strikes into their eyes to blind them.

flyingknee16 said:
Hmm... this may be true, but even so, Bruce Lee beat Chuck Norris when they fought before and later on when Chuck Norris lied about Bruce admitting Chuck was better than him, Bruce forced Chuck to admit in front of his class that Bruce indeed was better than Chuck. You can look this up on wikipedia if you wiki for Chuck Norris.

True, I wasn't trying to imply that one was better than the other, I just feel that Chuck Norris deserves some respect.

Mav3rick said:
I think one thing we are forgetting here. Lee wasn't a tournament fighter and I don't think that he would be competing in MMA today. He was always searching for the "truth" of unarmed combat which means no rules apply. He wouldn't stand and slug it out with someone he knew he couldn't beat. He would kick them in the nuts and throw one of those finger strikes into their eyes to blind them.

Exactly! My Dad grew up in Honk Kong and although he never knew the man personally, Lee had a reputation for being a dirty fighter. And when I say "dirty" I mean in a street fighting sense where survival is the goal. He was all about unarmed combat and how to succeed in a fight, not competition in a traditional sense!!

Bruce's street fighting book talked about stomping people in the stomach, stomping them in the throat, gouging their eyes, stomping them in the groin, etc, he was smarter than thinking he could stand with everyone who probably had 60-70 lbs on him being the small guy he was.

Sonny said:
Norris did NON- CONTACT i don't think that would work to good in real fighting.i have respect for both fighters but have more for lee

bruceleevegas said:
Norris did NON- CONTACT i don't think that would work to good in real fighting.i have respect for both fighters but have more for lee

I know I know, I was just trying to give some props to Chuck!

i respect Lee for his goal of "seeking truth", and i agree his style of street fighting would be hard to replicate in a tournament style of fighting to see who is the best.

But i have to say, after competing quite a bit myself, in wrestling, sub grappling, pankration that it's easy to be a bad ass in practice and talk a good game. True warriors compete, real men compete.....If you have never stood across the ring from some guy who was bigger, stronger, younger than you with a professional fighter as a coach at his side and you are on the other side of the ring without a coach, and there are about a hundred cameras and video recorders trained on you. And you are now both looking at each other waiting for the signal to start.....Then you wouldn't really know anything about how much or what kind of respect Lee deserved. Putting yourself out there for the ultimate test where you are almost sure to be in some kind of pain and possible be permanently injured is the ultimate in being a man and really seeking truth in combat.

Bottom line....Lee may have been a good competitor but you really can't say that either. Being a good competitor takes the heart of a champion, nerves of steel, and a fortitude and grit that we will never know if Bruce had. You could be the best fighter in the world on paper. But if you don't have the attributes i just mentioned you will get your ass handed to you FAST in a competitive environment.

S.D.Force said:
i respect Lee for his goal of "seeking truth", and i agree his style of street fighting would be hard to replicate in a tournament style of fighting to see who is the best.

But i have to say, after competing quite a bit myself, in wrestling, sub grappling, pankration that it's easy to be a bad ass in practice and talk a good game. True warriors compete, real men compete.....If you have never stood across the ring from some guy who was bigger, stronger, younger than you with a professional fighter as a coach at his side and you are on the other side of the ring without a coach, and there are about a hundred cameras and video recorders trained on you. And you are now both looking at each other waiting for the signal to start.....Then you wouldn't really know anything about how much or what kind of respect Lee deserved. Putting yourself out there for the ultimate test where you are almost sure to be in some kind of pain and possible be permanently injured is the ultimate in being a man and really seeking truth in combat.

Bottom line....Lee may have been a good competitor but you really can't say that either. Being a good competitor takes the heart of a champion, nerves of steel, and a fortitude and grit that we will never know if Bruce had. You could be the best fighter in the world on paper. But if you don't have the attributes i just mentioned you will get your ass handed to you FAST in a competitive environment.
you do have a good point. I don't think that Bruce would ever compete in mma because it still has it's limits to what you can do. Jeet Kune Do was developed for real lfe combat and i don't think it would go together because of the eye gouging, stomach stomping etc.

ok... sooo... Bruce lee is dead. you guys know that right? happened like 30 years ago... time to start living in the now: modern training methods, modern techniques, modern MMA's, modern fighters. I really oughta just wasteland this shit. By today's standards, bruce lee's training doesn't seem that good, many stories about him read like anecdotal myths, lastly we will never know how he would do in MMA. Period. But, if you guys wanna jerk off thinking about bruce lee in mma (my guess is that rickson is involved in your fantasy somewhere) I would be more than happy to move this to a more encouraging environment (namely, the aformentioned wasteland).

FCFighter316 said:
I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ALL THIS COMPETITION TALK! WAS THE MAN FREAKISHLY STRONG OR NOT? In his documentary which they play on the American Movie Channel, they show him rock the shit out of a heavy bag (not that that only determines strength but an example of how strong his side kick was) ...maybe i would just like to see things he did on video today
no. he was not. he was very fast, but strength was not... his strong suit. Bruce brought the foundations of MMA to the world. Not freakish strength, blinding speed, or superhuman skill, his contribution to martial arts was a paradigm shift.

Urban said:
no. he was not. he was very fast, but strength was not... his strong suit. Bruce brought the foundations of MMA to the world. Not freakish strength, blinding speed, or superhuman skill, his contribution to martial arts was a paradigm shift.
Damn right

maybe "strength wasnt his strong suit" but you have to be strong to hit a heavy bag that hard.
maybe not in a powerlifting usa way, but in a fighting way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back