Bruce leeroy needs to play it safe

Ufc record 14-10, pls know your role and stay fighting non ranked fighters if u want JOB SECURITY

If everyone did that, then guys like Bisping, RDA, and Robbie lawler would have never become UFC champs and got that championship pay increase.

Agree, Dustin porier for example doesn’t want to be champ and just want to make money off big fights.

There is no LW title fight booked, or to make. Dana said Conor is extremely obsessed with the trilogy...Dustin is smart to take it.

If they call it the LW title fight, it will be very very disappointing that Conor leap frogs guys who actually deserve it, but deserve isn't a word in Dana's vocabulary.

I saw him fight live and he was entertaining as shit, flying around the cage like a goddamn cartoon character.

Keep that man on the roster

You sound like a casual. How are you a black belt and you don’t know if he faced Top 10....

#beltcolordoesnotmatter
I've been watching since 1993 and have seen way to many fights to remember who Bruce Leroy fought. Sorry, it's not important enough for me to give it permanent brain space.

What reason would he have to release him? Maybe at the beginning of his UFC career when he was 1-3, but he would have been released off a loss to Edwin Figueroa in a fight where most people thought he won. Dana probably thought he won as well, can't say I recall at the time, but it was considered a bad decision. So he got another shot and went on a win streak. Since then, when would have been a good time to release him... fuck rankings, the guys he's lost to are really good or were at the time, other than the beginning of his career on that 1-3 run.

Not sure why he's getting so much hate... and it's laughable to say he's not UFC caliber, some idiot said so earlier. UFC caliber is a joke, you think half the guys that get contracts from DWCS are UFC caliber? Dude has 13 wins in the UFC now, should be 14 but one is a NC due to a positive marijuana test and is on a 4 fight win streak rn. Clearly, he belongs.
I like your passion!:)

I like your passion!:)

Thanks man. But think about this for a second, I don't think you said this (despite implying it if you think he shouldn't be in the UFC), but people said it in this thread... Bruce Leeroy isn't a UFC caliber fighter. Ok. Then what is a UFC caliber fighter if he's not one of them? He's on a 4 fight win streak in the UFC. He beat 4 other UFC fighters. He has 13 official wins in the UFC. If those guys that he beat are cans or bums or whatever people say, then how good is a "UFC caliber" fighter, truly? Clearly, what a UFC caliber fighter is, in reality, is way worse than what people's perception of one is... because it makes no sense to say Bruce Leeroy isn't a UFC caliber fighter if he's been with them for 10 years and has double-digit wins in the promotion. Not sure how anyone can argue with this point. If you think he sucks, then cool, but there's no logical argument against him being in the UFC.

I've been watching since 1993 and have seen way to many fights to remember who Bruce Leroy fought. Sorry, it's not important enough for me to give it permanent brain space.
I don’t think it’s “important enough”

I just think I remember stuff and you don’t.

we have no control on the quality of our memories so it’s not like it’s your fault.

I'm also a huge fan of Caceres. He's not a world beater by any means but entertaining to watch and has cool personality. I don't think he's a favorite over anyone in the top 15 but I think he could make it competitive against someone like Arnold Allen or Bryce Mitchell. Or Yair. :)

I'm completely of the same mindset as TS. As soon as he challenges himself he will be cut. Keep crushing them cans Leroy. Don't be a sucker and make a run.

Thanks man. But think about this for a second, I don't think you said this (despite implying it if you think he shouldn't be in the UFC), but people said it in this thread... Bruce Leeroy isn't a UFC caliber fighter. Ok. Then what is a UFC caliber fighter if he's not one of them? He's on a 4 fight win streak in the UFC. He beat 4 other UFC fighters. He has 13 official wins in the UFC. If those guys that he beat are cans or bums or whatever people say, then how good is a "UFC caliber" fighter, truly? Clearly, what a UFC caliber fighter is, in reality, is way worse than what people's perception of one is... because it makes no sense to say Bruce Leeroy isn't a UFC caliber fighter if he's been with them for 10 years and has double-digit wins in the promotion. Not sure how anyone can argue with this point. If you think he sucks, then cool, but there's no logical argument against him being in the UFC.
I actually like a lot of his fights, but it's unusual for UFC to keep the guy fighting all these no name guys. You would think after 24 fights they would give him someone near the top 5. If he has won 4 in a row, give him somebody I have actually heard of.:D

This is one of the weird cases where I actually agree with this.

He isn't going to make any waves at this point. His ceiling was definitely going 5 rounds with Yair and losing a split decision. That was 5 years ago though. He isn't even at that level anymore.

He has nothing to offer any of the top 10 at this point. If he wants to keep fighting and making decent money, then yeh, he really should try and stay around where he currently is, rankings wise.

I don’t think it’s “important enough”

I just think I remember stuff and you don’t.

we have no control on the quality of our memories so it’s not like it’s your fault.
Thanks man, I am over 60 years old, and the short term memory is not what it used to be. Also, Alex fights A LOT of guys I have never heard of, so those names don't stick in my memory. They have so many fights nowadays that I can't remember 2/3 of the fighters who fought last Saturday!:)

Thanks man, I am over 60 years old, and the short term memory is not what it used to be. Also, Alex fights A LOT of guys I have never heard of, so those names don't stick in my memory. They have so many fights nowadays that I can't remember 2/3 of the fighters who fought last Saturday!:)
Lmao you don’t have to remember who, to know he fought top guys. Nbd.

OP acting like hes his manager . Bro he knows whats best for him. hes gonna try and challenge himself and climb the rankings

Back