Bruce Lee Taught Conor McGregor how to knockout Jose Aldo

0316e2e7e9b7ddc3c.gif

Yes he has white belt. and what hype? he is respected as a pioneer ahead of his time in terms of his martial arts training and philosophy. Yeah, that and he made some kick ass movies that are still talked about and watched DECADES later.

Yup, im sure Dana White, Jon Jones, Bonnar, Cung Le, Pacquiao all didn't know what the fk they are talking about on this subject but YOU do whitebelt LOL.
His philosophies were on point but show me a video of anybody saying they ever saw Bruce Lee in a real fight.

I have seen many interviews where Conor Mcgregor talks about how Bruce Lee was an inspiration and how he was ahead the game at his time just like how Conor is ahead of the game in mma today.

Bruce Lee is was the best fighter in his time, and if he fought today in the UFC he would be champion 100%

yup, not just Conor. But many other combat sport athletes (jones, cung le, Bonnar, Gina, Pacman, and too many to list all said similar too)

You mean an actual combat world champion instead of an actor?

Not the "hes just an actor" thing again. The man created his own style. The man is the most influential martial artist who has ever lived.
He was a martial artist who just happened to become an actor. big difference.

His philosophies were on point but show me a video of anybody saying they ever saw Bruce Lee in a real fight.

The man passed DECADES ago way b4 the digital and smartphone era. And point to me who said anything about having a video of Bruce in real fight? LOL.

The man passed DECADES ago way b4 the digital and smartphone era. And point to me who said anything about having a video of Bruce in real fight? LOL.
How's he going to teach McGregor to KO Aldo if he's never been in a real fight?

ya its silly I know, just a cheesy way of calling someone a noob.

but really, Bruce lee never competed in any organized sanctioned sports that I am aware of. he did however bring the martial arts into the public eye when the western world was ripe for it and developed quite a following, he took traditional arts and gave it an updated more useful approach at the time.

For that I believe people refer to him as a pioneer and partly responsible for what we have today. So in that respect I would say he is rated quite fairly. As a competitor, well obviously not, he would have had to compete for that.

Its like the beatles are sited by many artists as an inspiration for their careers. Some of these inspired people may now be better musicians than the Beatles ever were but they were clearly moved by what they saw and it planted the dream.

The world moves on and improves but it doesn't hurt to pay a little respect to where it came from, even if it was simply being innovative and drawing attention, its still the pebble in the pond.

Call me a nostalgic loser or not I wont make fun of your belt again, its childish.

One is a real fighter, the other just played one. Bruce Lee didn't invent anything. He simply repackaged a bunch of TMA gobbledygook, and marketed it as some kind of meaningful concept.

The Gracies have made an exponentially greater impact on the development of realistic martial arts than anyone else in since Jigoro Kano.

You guys are bored.

How's he going to teach McGregor to KO Aldo if he's never been in a real fight?

First he has been in a real fight white belt. I guess you don't know anything about bruce or about google. but that's ok.

2nd, Bruce's martial arts philosophy was on point (even u said so urself), so Conor was inspired by the man. So whats so hard to understand?

Also, Jigoro Kano has easily had the greatest impact on the martial arts worldwide than Lee. Lee was an entertainer, and encouraged more people to join useless TMA styles than anyone else in history.

Bruce Lee's legacy held the martial arts world back. After WWII his popularity pretty much killed Judo in the U.S., and internationally as a respected combat style. Grappling ideas went dormant because of him.

One is a real fighter, the other just played one. Bruce Lee didn't invent anything. He simply repackaged a bunch of TMA gobbledygook, and marketed it as some kind of meaningful concept.

The Gracies have made an exponentially greater impact on the development of realistic martial arts than anyone else in since Jigoro Kano.

You guys are bored.

Really? Ah I guess Dana White, Jon Jones, Cung le, Bonnar, Pacquiao, Gina, etc. all disagrees with you. (documentary "I am Bruce Lee 2012")

Also, Jigoro Kano has easily had the greatest impact on the martial arts worldwide than Lee. Lee was an entertainer, and encouraged more people to join useless TMA styles than anyone else in history.

Bruce Lee's legacy held the martial arts world back. After WWII his popularity pretty much killed Judo in the U.S., and internationally as a respected combat style. Grappling ideas went dormant because of him.

Bruce Lee was a life long martial artists who broke into films. Not the other way around of some "Hollywood star" who trained martials arts later to use in his films lol.

First he has been in a real fight white belt. I guess you don't know anything about bruce or about google. but that's ok.

2nd, Bruce's martial arts philosophy was on point (even u said so urself), so Conor was inspired by the man. So whats so hard to understand?
Where's your proof he's been in a real fight?

Where's your proof he's been in a real fight?

Where is your proof that he hasn't whitebelt?? serious do you live in a country where u have no access to google? or access to any of Lee's documentaries? You said "real fight" right? Good thing u didn't say a "sanctioned mma fight" as there weren't MMA orgs back then..and u would of been right whitebelt LOL

Where is your proof that he hasn't whitebelt?? serious do you live in a country where u have no access to google? or access to any of Lee's documentaries? You said "real fight" right? Good thing u didn't say a "sanctioned mma fight" as there weren't MMA orgs back then..and u would of been right whitebelt LOL
How am I going to find proof of somebody not doing something? His documentaries were exactly what created the hype, do you think I care if some bum is calling me a whitebelt? HYPE TRAIN.

You guys are bored.

There are new takes on and improvements to inventions all the time. the gracies did the same thing in a way. its called the ufc.

We all found out in a big hurry that once the mystery was gone no straight bjj fighter could get by on that alone.

I respect what a lot of the pioneers of combat sports accomplished, some under far more dangerous conditions by far than today.

back in those days people were training in a very traditional way and bruce lee was trying to bring the ideas up to date.

Have some respect man. When you accomplish half of what an Asian dude did in America in the sixties then maybe you can talk shit.

How am I going to find proof of somebody not doing something? His documentaries were exactly what created the hype, do you think I care if some bum is calling me a whitebelt? HYPE TRAIN.
Hey dude, I said I wouldn't bug you about your belt anymore. I was wondering, did you seriously start an account named after a dude from one tree hill?

Google is your friend. Plenty of sources online/offline of Bruce's street fight past. If you choose not to believe it, that's on you whitebelt. Don't blame there are no sources or documentaries on the matter LOL.

btw, Conor sure does have tons of respect for Bruce too. But then again, who the fk are Conor, Jones Jones, etc. when you clearly know much more than these fools combined right ROFL...

Back