Bruce Buffer Introductions

Bologna1

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
When Buffer announces the fighters in the octagon before each bout, i have always wondered how it is determined whether he refers to them as "a mixed martial artist" vs. "a striker" vs. "a jiu-jitsu fighter" vs. "a wrestler" vs. "a freestyle figher" etc. Anyone have any idea how that works?

He goes to their dojos and watches them train. You should hear his stories about Yves Edwards...

The fighters prob choose beforehand, and Buffer has it written on his cards.
/thread
kill ts
an me

I guess they get to choose the same way the choose their song

The fighters tell him, or whoever writes his notes.

LOOK-SEE-DO

Thats all im saying

<JonesLaugh>

The fighters have to fill that out. Probably ask them before the event when Bruce is writing his cards

The fighters choose I think, and if you see pictures of Buffer’s cards it’s also funny that he has the fighters name written exactly as it should be pronounced. Instead of Cejudo, in its card it says Ce-who-do. Go check is IG

Bruce Buffer created Martial Arts

D1Z3mIR.jpg

When Buffer announces the fighters in the octagon before each bout, i have always wondered how it is determined whether he refers to them as "a mixed martial artist" vs. "a striker" vs. "a jiu-jitsu fighter" vs. "a wrestler" vs. "a freestyle figher" etc. Anyone have any idea how that works?

the fighters choose, e.g. Matt Brown is a "technical brawler"

He announces Tai Tuivasa as a street fighter lol

He decides what he wants to refer to them as. After that they must fight as Buffer's chosen style or be disqualified.

They should skip the Buffer intros as well as the ref center talk re: gave instructions backstage, any questions? Touch gloves if you wish. A waste of time.

He takes one look at them at makes it up on the spot.

It's up to the fighter to tell him, or basically he'll probably go off of the gym or your accolades. (i.e. All-American Wrestler, Former Kickboxing Champion, Blackbelt in a certain discipline, Olympian or if you come from a jujitsu gym or a boxing gym)

I know Luke Rockhold was calling himself a freestyle fighter for a while, but he's pretty much classified as a striker who you don't want to take down.

Back