Browns striking,71 percent landed

Combatjunkie33

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
he threw 166 strikes in three round and landed just over 71% of them, That's crazy accurate. IMO he was in some trouble with those body shots and to remain that poised to land that high of a percentage is pretty crazy. Rarely do we see that many strikes in three rounds thrown accompanied by that high of a landed percentage.

Yah man, he's accurate as fk. He always sets up his shots.

Someone made a thread the other day asking if there was another Thai clinch clinic like Silva/Franklin.

I think we saw one.

No disrespect to Brown but I think that had more to do with the Silva being a stationary target with no head movement than Brown's accuracy

No disrespect to Brown but I think that had more to do with the Silva being a stationary target with no head movement than Brown's accuracy

When's the last time anyone landed a high percentage on Machida? He did great, and Silva was a stationary target because he was getting TAGGED and gassed because of it.

When's the last time anyone landed a high percentage on Machida? He did great, and Silva was a stationary target because he was getting TAGGED and gassed because of it.

What the hell does Machida have to do with any of this? I'm not not saying Brown didn't do great he showed tons of heart and he looked like a savage last night. but Silva's defense went out the window after their grappling exchange, he was standing in the middle of the cage eating three punch combos at one point. I'm sure the ass whooping Matt was laying on him didn't help his fatigue but he clearly gassed imo.

Silva had an out and he chose not to take it. How many times did he hurt brown to the body and how many times did he follow up his attack there? He got exactly what he deserved imo.

Either way you look at it, Brown won and hopefully he can at least challenge for the belt here soon. Doubt he will win but it will be exciting.

Brown has the highest striking accuracy in the WW division, so I doubt that.

Brown has the highest striking accuracy in the WW division, so I doubt that.

Yeah Brown's career striking percentage is higher than any active UFC WW, including GSP and Nick Diaz. He was 56% in his career going into the fight, 2% higher than GSP who is in second place.

It's easy to hit someone when they're gassed and standing right in front of you against a cage

What the hell does Machida have to do with any of this? I'm not not saying Brown didn't do great he showed tons of heart and he looked like a savage last night. but Silva's defense went out the window after their grappling exchange, he was standing in the middle of the cage eating three punch combos at one point. I'm sure the ass whooping Matt was laying on him didn't help his fatigue but he clearly gassed imo.

Your assertion that it wasn't as impressive because Silva wasn't moving as much is wrong, because until Silva actually gassed, Brown was chasing him all over comboing his ass. He kept trying lateral movement, didn't work.

He gassed faster because of the huge beating that got put on him.

Your assertion that it wasn't as impressive because Silva wasn't moving as much is wrong, because until Silva actually gassed, Brown was chasing him all over comboing his ass. He kept trying lateral movement, didn't work.

He gassed faster because of the huge beating that got put on him.

You're delusional. Silva was spent as soon as he was off Brown's back. And even if what you're saying is true, and it patently isn't, 70% of his strikes were landed in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, after Silva was completely gassed.

It's easy to hit someone when they're gassed and standing right in front of you against a cage

Oh you mean after he got blitzed, was trying to defend, couldn't, and then gassed in the 2nd round?

Yeah, it's easy then.

Yeah Brown's career striking percentage is higher than any active UFC WW, including GSP and Nick Diaz. He was 56% in his career going into the fight, 2% higher than GSP who is in second place.

Just read that.

You're delusional. Silva was spent as soon as he was off Brown's back. And even if what you're saying is true, and it patently isn't, 70% of his strikes were landed in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, after Silva was completely gassed.

He gassed because he got tagged and couldn't handle the fatigue. It's okay.

yeah, hes an underrated striker because hes so aggressive, people think he has no skill

hes never been outstruck. he only used to lose because of his grappling

"technical brawler" is a perfect name for his style and im glad he uses it. it reminds me of when i watch tape of guys in thailand who fight in smaller shows. nonstop forward aggression, powershot after powershot until someone goes down

MMA striking often looks unskilled compared to striking based sports but it can also be very effective.

lol at people trying to discredit that performance.

Back