Browne warns Overeem: "Be a part of the team, or get the hell out"

He's just letting Overeem know before he gets there, I have no issue with it. He didn't take any personal shots at Overeem, just laid down the law in regards to who they take into their camp. Walk the line.

Cant wait to see Browne get beat down again.

Overeem comes in, they train, Overeem goes too hard, starts kneeing Travis and nearly finishes him while the rest of the gym tries to pull it apart, but Travis sneaks in a front kick that knocks Overeem out cold.

And nothings changed.

Browne's career would end in a rematch.

That's a warm welcome to a potential teammate.

You'd think this is something that the actual owner would say to him, you know, in a private meeting.

Although can't say I'm surprised to read this tbh.

"I actually embrace the idea. When you have top athletes that are in the same weight class, sometimes they can butt heads, but the way I look at it is iron sharpening iron. If the stars ever align again and him and I meet in the cage, then it will be an even better fight than it was last time.

"If you personally don't get along with somebody, that doesn't mean they can't help you professionally. I've personally never had any issues with Overeem, and professionally, I've never had any issues with him. For me, what would concern me is if we had a professional beef. But there hasn't been any of the sort, so we'll just be here to push each other to be the best in the world.

"Just having somebody there to push you when you need it is great. It's not going to be about just me benefitting from this. He's going to learn a lot too being out here at Jackson's."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/4/1...ne-alistair-overeem-joining-team-greg-jackson

He welcomed Reem just fine when the move was announced.

Something might've happened or Browne read that report about Guto and Reem.

Jones does seem to be rubbing off all over Travis, the guy is supremely arrogant. I'm sure he actually believes that Overreem is coming to steal all of his techniques and that b/c Travis caught AO, he's clearly the overall better fighter and has nothing to gain from him being there.

Browne knows that if he fought overream 10, he'd lose 9 of them. He got lucky as hell and he knows it. Reem had him out. It was only Reem gassing, that allowed browne to win. Everyone knows it.

MMA and it's "team" shit. So annoying. Wish they could be more individualists like boxing.

Wtf does Jones have to do with any of this?

Jones is his training partner. Travis may have not shown us his true personality, but he seemed really chill before going to jacksons.

Now it seems like him and Jones run that place, Jones' said he was the team leader over at jacksons. lol and that was before the rashad fight. I can just imagine all the cocky that goes on their with two big birds strutting around, smelling thier own shit, and proclaiming it good.

Better listen, Alistair. No sense in getting KO'd again.

if not for overeem gassing like crazy , browne would be brain damaged by now. overeem almost killed him before the knockout

browne is scared ubereem is gonna pulverise him in training. he knows their fight was a complete fluke

The Reem has a reputation of being a lone wolf in the gyms he has trained with, seeming to think he's bigger than the team, and just generally NOT being a team player. IRON SHARPENS IRON, and if he's not willing to put in effort for teammates to get better, it's a sign of selfishness. Nobody will want you there. I think it's a fair warning.But doing it privately would have been the smarter route.

Can't stand Browne, if anyone has an ego it's him, Browne would get destroyed by the new conservative Overeem.

Browne knows that if he fought overream 10, he'd lose 9 of them. He got lucky as hell and he knows it. Reem had him out. It was only Reem gassing, that allowed browne to win. Everyone knows it.

you sound sore. butthurt.

I don't see overeem being part of the team

MMA and it's "team" shit. So annoying. Wish they could be more individualists like boxing.

Was about to say this, they might be training partners but not teammates. Teammates would incur that if one guy succeeds it helps the other which doesn't happen in Mma, unless we get some doubles matches like in tennis. Imagine that Cain/DC vs Browne/Overeem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back