Browne warns Overeem: "Be a part of the team, or get the hell out"

He must have known, he was dominating that fight positionally before he ended up gassing and getting finished. Therefore, I think that would show he knows something and approached the fight the right way. Unfortunately for him, he gassed and Bigfoot capitalized on it.

The way he fought caused him to gas, that's not smart. It's not like Bigfoot was the one pushing the pace, Overeem was in control of the pace and he fought like he thought his cardio was much better than it was.

I disagree, he fought at a pace he couldn't handle, and grappled with Bigfoot more than he should have. He also relied too much on head movement in that fight which he's never been great at. I don't think it was smart of him to take Bigfoot down, grappling is more tiring than striking.

I disagree. He fought at a pace he could handle, slow and deliberate with a lot of grappling and top control rather than just standing up trading with a guy who hits like that and has a better chin and cardio than he does historically. Reem knew if they traded he might have gotten hurt and finished or if he went balls to the wall like he eventually did against Browne, he'd gas himself out and get finished. That Mir fight proved without a shadow of a doubt to me that the Reem has known his problems all along and he keeps altering his approach to try to win fights but it hasn't happened. Good thing he fought someone as helpless in the stand-up as Mir.

The way he fought caused him to gas, that's not smart. It's not like Bigfoot was the one pushing the pace, Overeem was in control of the pace and he fought like he thought his cardio was much better than it was.

I think the point is, if Overeem has to be very active doing just about anything other than dominating every single facet of a fight, he's probably going to gas. The higher the level of resistance or activity from him, the quicker he's going to gas. Reem is Reem. He'll never be elite. Dude gets pasted in three minutes by Junior or Cain.

I want him to fight Hunt. If he doesn't knock out in Hunt in three minutes, he's going to see his soul like Schaub/Rothwell.

How's that? Nothing dramatic but he was solidly outstriking him in round one, safe steady on the way to a clear UD, then he seemed to lose his composure right at the end of the round and it went downhill from there.

Too reliant on head movement which is tiring, using explosive movements constantly, grappling with a 265+ pound man, fighting at a higher pace than he could handle when his opponent wasn't in control of the pace of the fight.

In terms of fight IQ it was one of the worst displays I have seen from Overeem.

Too reliant on head movement which is tiring, using explosive movements constantly, grappling with a 265+ pound man, fighting at a higher pace than he could handle when his opponent wasn't in control of the pace of the fight.

In terms of fight IQ it was one of the worst displays I have seen from Overeem.

Head movement is that tiring? Shit, no wonder Aldo can only go four rounds...

C'mon man, calling someone's fight IQ bad in a fight they were dominating, up 20-18 is kind of hilarious to me. You can call it whatever you want, but you're coming off as delusional here and you're definitely in the minority. You can claim that you're a huge Reem fan and you've followed his career closer than anyone so you know exactly what he should of done, but in all, that's just a load of crap.

Nevertheless, your opinion is your opinion and I don't think I'm going to sway you, so good chat man. I don't dislike Alistair. Maybe he'll get his shit together in a competitive bout next time against someone better than Mir.

So many excuses made for Reem in his hilarious losses to BigFoot and Browne

Head movement is that tiring? Shit, no wonder Aldo can only go four rounds...

C'mon man, calling someone's fight IQ bad in a fight they were dominating, up 20-18 is kind of hilarious to me. You can call it whatever you want, but you're coming off as delusional here and you're definitely in the minority. You can claim that you're a huge Reem fan and you've followed his career closer than anyone so you know exactly what he should of done, but in all, that's just a load of crap.

Nevertheless, your opinion is your opinion and I don't think I'm going to sway you, so good chat man. I don't dislike Alistair. Maybe he'll get his shit together in a competitive bout next time against someone better than Mir.

If you think fighting Bigfoot with your hands at your waist for most of the fight is smart then I don't know what to tell you, maybe you're the one that's delusional if you think that was a good strategy. There was no reason for it, he fought Bigfoot as if he were Brock Lesnar. When he came out and fought like that I thought there was a high chance he was going to get KOed.

I'm not a Overeem fan actually, I mean I enjoy his fights and root for him against people I am indifferent to and have watched most of his fights but his fights with Bigfoot and Browne reminded me of his fights at 205 where he didn't know what his abilities were and he overestimated his cardio.

It didn't look like Overeem knew what his weaknesses were when he fought Browne, he gassed against Bigfoot and gassed even quicker in his next fight and made more mistakes.

To be fair on Browne he probabaly made a casual comment thats been taken out of context and blown out of proportion. And tbh, he's only saying what everyone else is thinking. Given Reems camp jumping track record, you can hardly blame him.

wow. what a whiny little gurl this travis brown is.

That's a terrible welcome to a new teammate. He hasn't even showed up yet. Is there any context to this?

edit: Shouldn't Travis be very happy an elite fighter is joining his camp?

yeah, i agree. it seems like browne is judging him by his reputation before he even gets a chance to know him.

Back