Browne has a glass jaw.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
He got knocked down 3 times by Pascal, who's not a particularly hard puncher.

He got knocked down 3 times by Pascal, who's not a particularly hard puncher.
Eh pascal isn’t a soft puncher either

I’m more concerned his actual ability tbh. those kd’s he was getting countered cleanly and his chin up in the air both time

Pascal is a strong puncher, imo, even tho his record might not show it. He dropped an iron chinned Bhop a cpl of times back in the day, iirc. He's still got some speed to go with it as well, and he has a ton of experience against top level comp. In his prime he was a great athlete and has always shown a strong chin.

That said, watching the fight, Browne was kicking his ass and I felt those kd's were from Browne becoming overly confident and he was throwing shitty right hooks that were easily countered by an older but still game and athletic Pascal. That's what cost him. Brown really beat the shit out of him other than those kd's but as stated, Pascal has a very sturdy chin and despite his age/mileage was able to standup to Browne's shots both to the head and to the body.

Browne got ahead of himself with those tapping right hands. They were weak, unnecessary and telegraphed like crazy. If/When they rematch, Browne takes this easily by either ko or wide Dec. I'm not a huge fan of either guy, but watching this fight I was convinced Browne was by far the superior guy despite losing the td. His left hand both upstairs and downstairs is a thing of beauty.

Overall I don't think Browne has a bad chin at all but he also doesn't have a chin that's anything special, either. I would call it average. The shots he got dropped with were hard counters he didn't see coming, that needs to be said b/c obv those types of shots will hurt more than others that are more easily seen. I felt like Browne lost this fight moreso than Pascal won it. Shout out to Jean for being more than game tho, very impressive the way he fought through that adversity.

I wrote way too much but was just thinking about this fight a few mins ago so I have a lot of insight about it atm. /rant.

Pascal can crack an open chin.

this clip has 2 of the knockdowns, the last one was from a headbutt?

Every time someone gets knocked out people say something like this.

Look at the punches he took. He ate two monster counter right hooks flush. If there's one thing Pascal still has left, it's explosiveness.

@DaveDave

the OP said 3 knockdowns, I was asking if the 3rd was the headbutt that stopped the fight.

Back