Brown vs Cerrone

LaneTM

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Haven't been able to search on it, but what do people think of Donald Cerrone as a replacement vs matt brown?? I am aware they compete in two different classes but Cowboy said he'd like to be on the Denver card and would fight anyone anytime. Or just hypothetically, how would you see the fight play out?

I think Cowboy could win that fight. No way Dana lets that happen though.

Watch the post fight presser. Dana says something like, Brown will need a fight, Hector says he wants Rory.. Then Cowboy says I will.. Or something along those lines..
I'd be pumped if they got matched up.. Cerrone is beginning to be one of my fav fighters to root for. Hard not to like that guy!

The thing is weight classes matter. One of Cerrone's biggest assets is his size at 155. Brown is a slick fighter. He would take advantage of that size edge between clinching and his trip takedowns. I wouldn't want to see it unless Cerrone proved he could hang at 170.

No reason for Cerrone to fight a WW and Brown could gain nothing from the fight. No reason for it. Brown wants fights to advance his standing, not one where he gets nothing from beating a mid level guy in the class below

Gotta love Cowboy for his willingness to step up however I don't want to see that fight.

Cerrone is a great fighter but in this match up, size will matter.

Not a good fight for Cowboy to test the waters at 170. Brown would work him in the clinch against the cage.

Brown would take his soul and render Cowboy useless to Dana. That's why it wont happen this side of 2015.

That is a fun fucking fight. Too bad can't do it because both guys are too close to the titles in their divisions.

Proposed this in a thread last night. As soon as I heard Cowboy say throw me on the Denver card I thought about this fight. I actually can see it happening. Matt Brown vs Donald Cerrone would be the sickest fight. You know Cowboy will take it, I'm crossing my fingers the UFC tries to make this fight

Cerrone said he'd take it. Dana didn't even acknowledge that he said anything. Not happening. Would be a fun fight though

I don't think Brown would be much bigger than Cerrone tbh.

Back