Brown is way too overrated

He's underrated. Nobody saw him coming untill this recent fight where people start to realise he is on a 7 win streak and looking spectacular with every fight. How the fuck is he overrated?

He's gone from being on the edge of getting cut to winning eight from his last nine, with only two decisions. Dude's doing well for himself. Maybe if he'd got Leonard Garcia-style splits, you could argue, but he's won the majority inside the distance

In terms of being a future champ, yes. I don't think he'll ever get past the big dogs. But he's fun to watch and puts on good fights so I'm a fan.

Jones is overrated he only beat Gus by decision.

it sucks that it took him beating a can like silva for everyone else to see what a few of us have been seeing his last like...fuck it, his last 6.

Rory is the only fighter in the UFC i consider overrated. By rankings and by shertards.

It's not like Brown hasn't been calling out top 10 guys for the past year or so.

Well he is winning every fucking fight they gave him..

Stop bitching please, thank you ;)

I hope they put Lombard against him. Would like to see Brown get ragdolled all over the octagon.

I hate watching good fights! Matt Brown is overrated and Erick Silva needs to retire!

WAHHHHH!!!! :( Sherdog! WAHHH!!!

I'm pretty sure any top 5 WW would have destroyed Brown when he was hurt in round 1, but I want to see Brown vs a top fighter before I make any judgement re: him.

I don't give a shit who you are but if you go on a 7 fight win streak in the UFC, with 5 KO/TKO's in a row, you are a legit fighter and a serious threat in your division.

Congrats to Brown and I will be looking forward to his next fight. Hopefully it is a top 5 fight.

OVERRATED. overrated guy, in overrated division, in overrated company, in overrated sport on overrated planet, in overrated space.

Am I doing sherdog correctly?

you left out 'UFC is dying' and 'Honda <=> Mayweather'. Otherwise, spot on.

Whether a fighter is overrated will always depend on who's rating him.

Top 10 before this fight? Not legitimately. Top 10 after this? Possibly, but it's debatable. WW is incredibly stacked. I guess we all can agree on that he should fight a strong top 10 guy next.

I don't see many people claiming he'll take the belt any time soon, so I think he's ranked pretty well by most people.

Right? Ending a sentence with an unnecessary preposition and shit, it's embarrassing.
No, he didn't. Where?

Way to piss on a birthday cake, brah.

Just let people like someone for once, for f#ck sake.

Give some examples on why he is overrated. Who is overrating him? Is it the UFC? If so, in what way did they overrate him? Did the UFC put Brown against competition he wasnt worthy of? Is it the Vegas bookies? If so, how? The fans? What part have they played in overrating him and why is it significant?

People seem to be confusing entertainment with actual skill.

Back