Brown Belt

congrats man!! you've always been a quality poster & i have enjoyed your comp vids over the years too

Congrats! You probably don't remember me, but you taped/coached me for my first competition ever, the Carlson Gracie in house tournament over a year and a half ago. I really appreciated your help and you made my first round a much better experience.

This is a huge accomplishment and I wish you the best in your jiujitsu journey!

Congrats! You probably don't remember me, but you taped/coached me for my first competition ever, the Carlson Gracie in house tournament over a year and a half ago. I really appreciated your help and you made my first round a much better experience.

This is a huge accomplishment and I wish you the best in your jiujitsu journey!

I remember! That was a fun tournament. I remember noticing you had real nice shoulder pressure for a white belt.

Thanks! Seems like a long time ago. I've competed a bunch since and got my blue. Hopefully by time you have a few stripes on your BB I'll be a purple.

Congrats again.

Congrats TS. Tighten up that technique, teach a few arm bars and get ready for that black belt

Hey guys,

I don't post too much anymore, but just checking in to say I earned my brown belt last night. I was on Sherdog a lot when I started, and got to watch people go through the ranks with me...it's pretty cool.

Earned from Professor Clint Crabtree (1st degree black belt) from GRBJJ (Grand Rapids, MI) and vouched for by Carlson Gracie Jr. I think I've been training for 6 years, but never really counted. I have competed quite a bit, and have won tournaments at white/blue/purple. I'm 37 years old, and not a world beater; but am even more passionate about BJJ then the day I started.

I had NO clue I was getting promoted, and thought I was a couple years away. We don't "test" for belts per se, but usually the promotees are put the ringer in class. I had to do cardio while carrying a heavy bag over my head for a long time, then double leg all 40 students, then pass all their guards, then roll with all the high belts. It was fun....I only puked twice :icon_lol: Afterwords I ran the gauntlet. People either love or hate the gauntlet, but I think it's pretty cool. I'm a little twisted though.

Thanks Sherdog for your small part in my promotion. I have learned a lot from you over the years.

1385298_441210502657025_1326908833_n.jpg
:eek:

Congrats. Now you may look directly at Ari Bolden.

congrats man!

ps: holy crap that ceremony wouldve made lots of people quite jiu jitsu....

Not a single other poster is curious why the dude is green? lol

Nice work man, hard work pays off. Only bad part about Brownbelt is you have to register with the IBJJF if you want to compete and there is some fuckin paperwork involved.
Also, now people think you're an asshole if you go hard on whitebelts.
I'm not talking about new whitebelts, I'm talking about the 3&4 stripe whitebelts that ask for it.

Back