Brown Belt

Wrestleben

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I don't post too much anymore, but just checking in to say I earned my brown belt last night. I was on Sherdog a lot when I started, and got to watch people go through the ranks with me...it's pretty cool.

Earned from Professor Clint Crabtree (1st degree black belt) from GRBJJ (Grand Rapids, MI) and vouched for by Carlson Gracie Jr. I think I've been training for 6 years, but never really counted. I have competed quite a bit, and have won tournaments at white/blue/purple. I'm 37 years old, and not a world beater; but am even more passionate about BJJ then the day I started.

I had NO clue I was getting promoted, and thought I was a couple years away. We don't "test" for belts per se, but usually the promotees are put the ringer in class. I had to do cardio while carrying a heavy bag over my head for a long time, then double leg all 40 students, then pass all their guards, then roll with all the high belts. It was fun....I only puked twice :icon_lol: Afterwords I ran the gauntlet. People either love or hate the gauntlet, but I think it's pretty cool. I'm a little twisted though.

Thanks Sherdog for your small part in my promotion. I have learned a lot from you over the years.

1385298_441210502657025_1326908833_n.jpg

Here is my gauntlet (WARNING..partial male buttcrack nudity)

Last edited:
fuck yeah..hahah

an extra momento for a great occasion i say !

Good job. I almost skipped over reading this thread because of the title though.

congrats man. In a lot of schools, purple is the longest belt to get through.

Glad to see you stuck through it

Good job. I almost skipped over reading this thread because of the title though.

Yeah, I thought it was going to be about getting knee on bellied to the point of shitting yourself or something.

I came in here expecting that you crapped your pants rolling.

But congrats on this amazing achievement.

HOORAY!

You've had a lot of ups and downs and keep on going! I'm sure you're a dangerous competitor, but I am most impressed by your dedication!

You are one of my favourite virtual-friends and I feel like we have been through some milestones together. You always seem to get promoted six months before I do, though I imagine my torn meniscus will change that.

I hope you make it up to Nova Scotia sometime, or I make it down your way.

HOORAY!

You've had a lot of ups and downs and keep on going! I'm sure you're a dangerous competitor, but I am most impressed by your dedication!

You are one of my favourite virtual-friends and I feel like we have been through some milestones together. You always seem to get promoted six months before I do, though I imagine my torn meniscus will change that.

I hope you make it up to Nova Scotia sometime, or I make it down your way.

The feeling is likewise! I feel so bad you have to go through the whole meniscus thing. We have scarily parallel BJJ lives. Work the PT hard, and you will be headed to brown town soon enough!

The feeling is likewise! I feel so bad you have to go through the whole meniscus thing. We have scarily parallel BJJ lives. Work the PT hard, and you will be headed to brown town soon enough!

Now this is what the thread should have been about!

Congrats dude!

Congrats man, that's awesome, good to see long-term members ascending the ranks. After brown, it's just biding your time a bit to black.

Change the title of the thread....I have passed it over a couple times and only stepped in here becasue I meant to click on something else.

None the less....congratulations! Quite an accomplishment

Congratulations, huge accomplishment!

Back