Brown belt bjj kumite > TUF

kevin Casey. Rickson Gracie black belt who has never lost a match or a point in his competition history.. is on the next TUF.
Only thing i could say is his shitty rap song, but i am looking forward to him ripping people apart this TUF

what am i missing here? does he really claim that?

Agree. Love the Next World Champion shows as well.

On a side note, is there any other similar shows?

i like this kumite because i have competed against and have been in the same bracket as some of these guys. thats the only reason.

This is the subtle type of trolling that almost goes unnoticed, but I see what you did there...

This is the subtle type of trolling that almost goes unnoticed, but I see what you did there...

excuse me? i was just saying i feel more of a connection to the show cause i competed against some of those guys. when i watch the show i say to myself, "hey ive been there." if you competed against any of them you would know what im talking about.

excuse me? i was just saying i feel more of a connection to the show cause i competed against some of those guys. when i watch the show i say to myself, "hey ive been there." if you competed against any of them you would know what im talking about.

I love your persistence. Where did you say you trained at again?

sorry to be the ignorant guy but I've never heard of bjj kumite where can I see it? online?

kevin Casey. Rickson Gracie black belt who has never lost a match or a point in his competition history.. is on the next TUF.
Only thing i could say is his shitty rap song, but i am looking forward to him ripping people apart this TUF
Kevin has lost before, not sure where you got that from

Yeah, he was def steamed he was losing the tourney.

But, seriously though, closed guard for an entire match? Fuck that shit. I'd be pissed too.

I would be annoyed to. Especially if he was only try to keep you in that position rather than work for something.

But how he reacted was unsportsmanlike.

I remember a Leo Vieira seminar where he was asked how to get out of a type of spider guard. He said that if you can't get out of a guard then give up something so that when they try to capitalise they let go of something at which point you escape the position.

It was submission only so if it did go wrong he probably could of just been swept into mount which I don't think is a very good position for attacking in no-gi even if he couldn't escape.

I would be annoyed to. Especially if he was only try to keep you in that position rather than work for something.

But how he reacted was unsportsmanlike.

i don't think the whole video of the match is available for us to watch. kind of jumping the gun.

but if this dude was so butthurt about being stuck in closed guard, maybe he should learn how to open it.

it is much more possible for the guy in guard to stall than the guy with guard.

if you are in the mundials and the match ends with no points and no advantages, i would bet that the guy who had CLOSED guard for the whole match will win.

I really enjoyed the kumite, mostly because of the lack of man drama and showcase of very high skill. I am hoping that more footage will be released including full matches rather than just the highlights.

Back