Brown belt bjj kumite > TUF

xMikeyX

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The brown belt kumite is way better than any TUF- can I get a poll request to confirm others are as enthused about this as I am?

I'm fiending for the next episode...

Well, in this forum, I don't think many would disagree.

I mean, I hardly watch MMA anymore as it is. I'm tired of watching 13 minutes of boxing to hopefully see 2 minutes of solid grappling.

I just watch IBJJF and other televised/streamed events.

i disagree they dont even show full fights (i know it would take forever) but the way they cut it is not very good

They also don't bore me to death and have losers drinking and boasting themselves only to disappoint- can I get a poll request?

yeah the kumite does a much better job just presenting the sport and giving you what you really want: good jiujitsu.

TUF is mostly in-house drama, drinking, pissing on pillows, stupid pranks, dana cursing and sloppy fights. TUF's main objective is just getting as many butts in the seats, and it doesn't matter if they're interested in mma or not.

kumite is for true bjj fans and people who train. make no mistake, irvin is doing it as a part of his self-promotion and to build up keenan, but it's still soooo much better.

well its like comparing a reality based soccer tv show with a reality based indoor soccer tv show, 2 different sports, related some how, so for us, yeah of course, I cant fucking wait to 2 the second episode, I hardly think anyone thats not into grappling will agree...

Also, lets be real here, much of this interest is on us, colored belts and some blacks that are somehow related to some of the competitors in the house, but in reality, I mean, in the big scheme of things, its just browns competing against each other, now if we had a copa podio reality based, that would be like fucking awesome, not that kumite is not for me, because it is, just saying, may be black belts dont have the same interest we simply mortals do..

^^^^^ What he said.

I have no idea what you are talking about, but sounds good.

The brown belt kumite is way better than any TUF- can I get a poll request to confirm others are as enthused about this as I am?

I'm fiending for the next episode...

not even close. did you see the 5th season of tuf with nate diaz, joe lauzon, etc?

you know who i am bro?

i like this kumite because i have competed against and have been in the same bracket as some of these guys. thats the only reason.

I can't believe that guy quit. He seemed like the type of guy that goes crazy in sparring and then gets pissed off if you take it to his level.

Its a bjj tournament and he was treating it like it was an mma match.

I can understand being frustrated when the other person doesn't open up but it was still no reason to quit.

You don't say Hajime to stop a match....damnit.

Or was he saying in something in Portuguese?

I can't believe that guy quit. He seemed like the type of guy that goes crazy in sparring and then gets pissed off if you take it to his level.

Its a bjj tournament and he was treating it like it was an mma match.

I can understand being frustrated when the other person doesn't open up but it was still no reason to quit.

Yeah, he was def steamed he was losing the tourney.

But, seriously though, closed guard for an entire match? Fuck that shit. I'd be pissed too.

kevin Casey. Rickson Gracie black belt who has never lost a match or a point in his competition history.. is on the next TUF.
Only thing i could say is his shitty rap song, but i am looking forward to him ripping people apart this TUF

Back