Brother Nathanael is brilliant. Talking about Jews, Dostoevsky, Gays, Obama...

If you believe that Christ is the son of God, then you aren't a Jew.
Just like Lukas mentioned, there is a thing called Messianic Jews.
I called him a Christian Jew, I guess that wasn't the correct term.

“The Jew is that sacred being who has brought down from heaven the everlasting fire, and has illumined with it the entire world. He is the religious source, spring, and fountain out of which all the rest of the peoples have drawn their beliefs and their religious. The Jew is the pioneer of liberty. The Jew is the pioneer of civilization.
The Jew is the emblem of eternity.”

- Leo Tolstoy
Does Tolstoy even southern hemisphere bro?

What do you mean?
The guys around Jesus, Jesus Himself, the writers of the NT... all were Jews.

While somebody who is ethnically Jewish can, naturally, subscribe to any religion of their choosing (for example the first Pope and all of the original founding bishops of the Catholic Church were ethnically Jewish), Judaism and Christianity are mutually exclusive religions. I'm reasonably certain that this is what JBModest is referring to (Judaism) when using the term "Jews" whereas you appear to be referring to those of Jewish ethnicity.

Crypto-Judaism is the secret adherence to Judaism while publicly professing to be of another faith; practitioners are referred to as "crypto-Jews" . The term crypto-Jew is also used to describe descendants of Jews who maintain some Jewish traditions of their ancestors while publicly adhering to other faiths.

Back