Brookins leaving for spiritual quest in India

Brookins was never winning that fight. He may have landed one decent punch.

Brookins really shined on the TUF and everyone he's faced since has been tough competition.

As for him "beating up" Poirer...no, he didn't beat him up. He had him in trouble one good time and maybe another time throwing a decent flurry of punches and thats about it.

I'd like to see him come back strong in the future if he chooses to continue fighting.

This whole idea of going to India to help clear your mind, or whatever the trip is for, is just something mental that he can fix himself or with a counselor/shrink.

After he spends money to fly to and from India, of course he will come back and say he's found some sort of enlightenment and that he is a changed man, blah blah blah... This wont help his fight game, as he will have missed out on training during all that time he has been gone.

There's a couple UFC fighters that have spoke to the media about seeing counselors/shrinks, which helped their fight game by learning how to get passed their inner demons or whatever.

Either way, I hope he does well in the future.

From the article:

damn dude, Porier gave Brookins a psychedelic experience.
Changing his life with shit talking, and what not.

Get this kid a title shot, maybe he can mind-fuck aldo.

Dustin "Mind Fuck" Poirier

It's "ayahuasca." Combination of two plants from the Amazon. One contains DMT, which is the part that is hallucinogenic. The other has an chemical that blocks the enzyme responsible for metabolizing the DMT (called MAOI). So, the trip lasts MUCH longer than it would from DMT alone.

well the vine itself is called ayahuasca, i have some in my fridge right now, but you are correct, the vine is an maoi to orally activate the dmt, which the plant most commonly used is mimosa for the dmt

the vine will do pretty strange things to you by itself, but mainly gets rid of intestinal worms iirc, and of course maoi actions.

This whole idea of going to India to help clear your mind, or whatever the trip is for, is just something mental that he can fix himself or with a counselor/shrink.

After he spends money to fly to and from India, of course he will come back and say he's found some sort of enlightenment and that he is a changed man, blah blah blah... This wont help his fight game, as he will have missed out on training during all that time he has been gone.

There's a couple UFC fighters that have spoke to the media about seeing counselors/shrinks, which helped their fight game by learning how to get passed their inner demons or whatever.

Either way, I hope he does well in the future.

Some things are more important in life than vainglory pursuits. but i see your point

India is an awesome chill place, I go down their twice a year and will February. Their are many Spiritual places their, you drink a marijuana drink with some Hindu priests and it get's you closer to god and gets you spiritual

It never sounds right for a 27 year old to call someone about to turn 24 a "kid". News flash Brookins - you aren't much older than Poirier.

Brookins is a great guy and very humble. I met him at Jason Miller's Seminar in Texas last year and he really impressed me as a person. I hope he finds what he needs.

I hope he finds what he is looking for

I just feel sorry for Adam and Ders
workaholics_shart_story_blake_640x360.jpg

I feel I have to weigh in on this based on my name.

You are a king amongst kings

He did in no way shape or form beat up Dustin.

he landed one clean shot, the rest were air or blocked, Dustin tagged him over and over though.

he's going to get spiritual diarrhea.

an old boss of mine left on a sort of spiritual adventure after his first divorce - to India.

he asks me " you know what happened in India?" I reply "what?" he looked at me, making this hand gesture as if he was cusping a pair of balls & said "my shit was pure black"

Was he really beating up Poirier? I must be suffering from short memory loss...

IMO he was up 1 (edited since I pressed 2 instead of 1) rounds to none . Not by a huge margin but he did enough to win the round until he got chocked .

With his Chin that high , it's not a choke I predicted to my GF but a good old fashion good night .

Last edited:
Brookins was waiting for a ko punch with his chin up and hands down. It was nasty to watch.

I don't think India is going to instill warrior spirit in him. If he wants to be a fighter, he should head for a Thai or Dutch gym.

Or Tristar.

Back