Brookins leaving for spiritual quest in India

bought a house in orlando?!?

son, i am disappoint. these fighters just aren't very good with money. He should have known what his finances were, realistically.

Didn't Dan Hardy do something similar to that in Asia? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he went to some Asian temple.

Ya Dan went on a spiritual quest before his last fight I believe. Wasn't a Asian temple though lol, he drank Ayawasuca or however you spell that shit. Anyway he went somewhere to get fucked up, came back and won his next fight. Brookins is gonna go smoke hash with the Indians and come back and probably win his next fight as well :D

Up until about the third minute of his fight last weekend in Las Vegas, UFC featherweight and Ultimate Fighter winner Jonathan Brookins was actually beating up Dustin Poirier.

ahahahahahahah

showing a great chin doesnt mean BEATING UP someone. The fight was kind of close until Poirier took it to another level but NO WAY Brookins was beating up Poirier...lol

I was so sure this guy was going to become a star in MMA after TUF. He even showed heart and toughness in the finale with Johnson. I don't get what has happened to this guy? It's a shame..

Sean Shelby set the dude up with killers right off the bat instead of building him up like a prospect should be built up: slowly, and with a steadily increasing level of competition. Instead they gave him Erik Koch (top guy, became a title contender after that fight but was injured), Charles Oliveira (hot prospect at LW that dropped to 145), and Dustin Poirier (another top fighter). They're giving him unreasonable fights that he'll lose 9/10. Maybe it's his manager, if he has one... idk.

Sounds like a waste of time to me, but if he needs it, then he needs it.

Ya Dan went on a spiritual quest before his last fight I believe. Wasn't a Asian temple though lol, he drank Ayawasuca or however you spell that shit. Anyway he went somewhere to get fucked up, came back and won his next fight. Brookins is gonna go smoke hash with the Indians and come back and probably win his next fight as well :D

Iowaska. STAY AWAY FROM THAT SHIT.

From the article:
At the weigh-ins, I could see myself on the Jumbotron. I was like, “Shit man, you look kind of pathetic. You don’t look like you’re ready to fight; you look skinny.” The kid (Poirier) walks up to me after the weigh-ins and gets in my face and says, “I want it more than you.” All tough guy: “I want it more than you, bro.” I was like, “What the fuck? How does this kid know he wanted it more than me?” It was an interesting thing to say but it was really true. It was the weirdest true shit-talking I’d ever heard in my life. Usually people just talk shit and you’ve got a rebuttal. That was the first time it really made me think.... I know that nothing’s going to go wrong because I have the gift of this mindset this kid (Poirier) gave me to win. All he had to do was tell me he wanted it more. That’s easy enough; I can want a lot of things.

damn dude, Porier gave Brookins a psychedelic experience.
Changing his life with shit talking, and what not.

Get this kid a title shot, maybe he can mind-fuck aldo.

Wish him the best, he's very underrated around here IMO.

He's had some tough match-ups that there are no shame in losing.

Beating him up? No just no, 3 or 4 good shots doesn't mean he was beating him up.

Yeah, hearing him talk on TUF I always kind of wondered if he'd really find what he was looking for in the octagon.

He's a smart, open-minded kid and I wish him the best.

Also, thanks for sharing your story, Law of One.

Brookins had better success at LW although he probably would have lost to the top guys all the same.

It's "ayahuasca." Combination of two plants from the Amazon. One contains DMT, which is the part that is hallucinogenic. The other has an chemical that blocks the enzyme responsible for metabolizing the DMT (called MAOI). So, the trip lasts MUCH longer than it would from DMT alone.

Good for Brookins, the dude has faced some really tough competition....no shame in his UFC record.

When I'm in need of a spiritual quest, I just go to my local 7-Eleven.

Back