Brook turns down Khan fight because of one condition....

aries

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Kell Brook turned down a fight with Amir Khan because Khan said he'd only fight him if Kell would agree to a rehydration clause where he can put on no more than 10lbs after weigh in. The fight was to be at 147lbs and for no title. Kell refused the condition saying that this was no title fight. Do you think Kell should have agreed to this rehydration clause just to get the fight made or is Khan making unreasonable demands so he doesn't have to fight Brook?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/amir-khan-fight-kell-brook-13442687

Why put a post weight, weight stipulation in the first place.

I'll put it this way: did he demand it when negotiating the Canelo fight? If not I think we know why he's doing it now. I'm sure some other fans would know more about their history but I've always been under the impression Khan has been avoiding Kell recently.

Khan tired of getting knocked out. This way he can go back to his delusional everyone is ducking me shit while most will continue to ignore him.
Brook is the only fight of interest left for Khan he should either deal with the L or be prepared to totally fade away

This should prove once and for all that Khan never wanted this fight.

ITs a ridiculous clause, they fight in the same weight class.

I heard that Brook rehydrates up to the 170s for his fights at WW. If that's true then yeah slap him with that rehydration clause. He balloons up because he knows it's clearly an advantage.

Khan is being smart, he didn't sign on for a light heavyweight contest. Plus this is a make or break fight for Khan, not chancing it over a weight disparity.

If Khan has problems with large welterweights, move down to 140. Quit bitching.

Khan ducking kell yet again

I disagree, I don't think Khan is ducking in this case. If Brook can't make a 10lb rehydration clause then he is not a true welterweight. I can run 2 hours right now drop to 165 on the scale, rehydrate and be 180 by tomorrow easy.

All you do is cut water weight. I'm not a natural 165lb guy. If I was I'd put on maybe 2-3lbs eating and rehydrating. Not over 10lbs. I think guys need to stop trying to be weight bullies. Khan knows how his chin works lol.

I heard that Brook rehydrates up to the 170s for his fights at WW. If that's true then yeah slap him with that rehydration clause. He balloons up because he knows it's clearly an advantage.

Khan is being smart, he didn't sign on for a light heavyweight contest. Plus this is a make or break fight for Khan, not chancing it over a weight disparity.
BS, they both fight as welters. IF he makes the weight at the weigh in, thats all that should be required.

If you can make 147 pounds safe, you're a true welterweight.
That said, I dislike big cuts as much as the next guy.

I disagree, I don't think Khan is ducking in this case. If Brook can't make a 10lb rehydration clause then he is not a true welterweight. I can run 2 hours right now drop to 165 on the scale, rehydrate and be 180 by tomorrow easy.

All you do is cut water weight. I'm not a natural 165lb guy. If I was I'd put on maybe 2-3lbs eating and rehydrating. Not over 10lbs. I think guys need to stop trying to be weight bullies. Khan knows how his chin works lol.
It's no great secret that Brook struggles to get down to 147lbs. Khan knows this and is playing it to his advantage. But it's funny that he never asked for a rehydration clause when he fought Canelo at 155lbs. Guess he was happy to get knocked out by the much bigger man as long as it was Canelo and he was getting paid for it.

He also fought Le Greco at a catchweight of 150lb with no rehydration clause so it's not like he hasn't allowed opponents to have weight advantages when it suited him. It was Amir who demanded that Brook has to fight him at 147 in the first place and now Brook agrees to it he throws in this other stipulation. His ego can't handle getting KO'd by Brook is the issue here.

Last edited:
BS, they both fight as welters. IF he makes the weight at the weigh in, thats all that should be required.

So basically he weighs in at WW, but fights as whatever weight he can balloon up to before the fight? I think 10lbs is reasonable. Otherwise he should pick on somebody his own size like Jermell, Lara or Hurd.

Didn't Canelo get a rehydration clause? Is that b.s. on his part?

It's no great secret that Brook struggles to get down to 147lbs. Khan knows this and is playing it to his advantage. But it's funny that he never asked for a rehydration clause when he fought Canelo at 155lbs. Guess he was happy to get knocked out by the much bigger man as long as it was Canelo and he was getting paid for it.

He also fought Le Greco at a catchweight of 150lb with no rehydration clause so it's not like he hasn't allowed opponents to have weight advantages when it suited him. It was Amir who demanded that Brook has to fight him at 147 in the first place and now Brook agrees to it he throws in this other stipulation. His ego can't handle getting KO'd by Brook is the issue here.

Boxing is a sport of stipulations. Maybe he is smarter now from experience. He can't afford to give up anything to Brook. This won't be an easy fight for him. Canelo is doing the same thing with Fielding. He agreed to a super middleweight fight, why should he fight a cruiserweight?

I don't think it's a knock on Khan. Either you're a WW or you're not.

Kell Brook turned down a fight with Amir Khan because Khan said he'd only fight him if Kell would agree to a rehydration clause where he can put on no more than 10lbs after weigh in. The fight was to be at 147lbs and for no title. Kell refused the condition saying that this was no title fight. Do you think Kell should have agreed to this rehydration clause just to get the fight made or is Khan making unreasonable demands so he doesn't have to fight Brook?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/amir-khan-fight-kell-brook-13442687
This is about Ego and Pride, Khan is not scared of Brook, he is just scared of the possibility of having to walk around London or Bolton and knowing that a guy he hated since he was a kid beat him

Its childish to hold grudges that long over something so petty.

So basically he weighs in at WW, but fights as whatever weight he can balloon up to before the fight? I think 10lbs is reasonable. Otherwise he should pick on somebody his own size like Jermell, Lara or Hurd.

Didn't Canelo get a rehydration clause? Is that b.s. on his part?
I never liked it either but yeah, those are the rules. What Khan is asking for is a dangerous advantage against a dehydrated opponent.

If you can make 147 pounds safe, you're a true welterweight.
That said, I dislike big cuts as much as the next guy.

That's a whole other discussion to be had. Dehydration is not a safe weight cut. GSP just made the suggestion to have same day weigh ins like amateur wrestling. Different sport, but still fighting nonetheless. Maybe GSP should stop bitching too. lol. I don't know, maybe I'm just the only one not offended by Khan's clause. I think it's a win for both fighters, for safety and fairness of competition.

Back