Brook-Spence was a heck of a fight

It really was a great fight. Brook pre-Golovkin would have won in my opinion.

It really was a great fight. Brook pre-Golovkin would have won in my opinion.

Ah I dont know dude? It’s the body work that did the damage in the end. I think there’s little doubt that it would’ve been close and gone 12, but I think spence would’ve still taken over at the mid way point. Brook would’ve beaten the other champions pre golovkin, I’ve little doubt about that. Spence is that little bit better though, imo

Brook was really great just a couple years ago. I think he would have a good shot at beating Thurman too, even now I think that would be a great fight.

Brook landed some solid shots on Porter when they fought. It wasn't a surprise to me that he won the title.

Fighting Spence and Crawford would be difficult for any other top Welterweights today. Those guys are two of the best in the business, no shame in losing to either.

Ah I dont know dude? It’s the body work that did the damage in the end. I think there’s little doubt that it would’ve been close and gone 12, but I think spence would’ve still taken over at the mid way point. Brook would’ve beaten the other champions pre golovkin, I’ve little doubt about that. Spence is that little bit better though, imo

Would have been great if we could have seen it. Do you think Brook can get himself up for one last shot at a big fight?

Really dumb for him to fight GGG. Following up with Spence was pretty dumb too.

Maybe he just wanted to cash out? But if so, why not just fight Khan?

facing GGG was pretty dumb, but defending against spence was the right thing to do overall. he was the champ and spence deserved his shot.

khan just flat out refuses to fight brook.

as far as brook vs spence goes, it really was an awesome fight. spence showed us he's the future, but brook more than held his own against him. i think even now brook is criminally underrated. i don't know why people insist he's done, he bounced back from the spence fight by quickly KOing rabchanka and then dominated zerafa. yeah, neither one of those guys was a world beater, but brook had just fought the 2 biggest punchers around, and lost to both of them.

i think he still has a lot in him.

Somehow people diss Brook for losing to a killer at MW and a beast at WW.

Would have been great if we could have seen it. Do you think Brook can get himself up for one last shot at a big fight?

Who’s knows dude? His inactivity hasn’t helped and he was never going to fight 2 guys that hit that hard either. Him and Kahn should just cash out now

And then in the next sentence they'll bitch about how nobody fights anybody like back in the day...

qL9oX7U.png

Khan was never ever going to fight Brook. That was an impossible fight to make.

I personally didn't see the fight all that close, thought Spence was taking his time more than anything, fighting a 12 round fight.

The decision for Brook to fight Golovkin has to be one of the worst promotional decisions in boxing history.

Actually just rewatched it. Honestly, Brook put on a hell of a fight. He couldn't sustain it though. Things reversed pretty quick against him. Ithink that fight showed some of the gaps that are still in Spence's game now.

I personally didn't see the fight all that close, thought Spence was taking his time more than anything, fighting a 12 round fight.
He's an outstanding 12 round boxer

That fight against Garcia was like watching Bob Ross create a beautiful painting

He literally worked his way around the ring counterclockwise angling away from Garcia while setting traps left and right....he even purposefully fought Mikeys fight in a phone booth for 3 or 4 rounds

Spence puts on a different type of boxing masterclass....he is phenomenal.

It was an awesome fight.
Great back n forth fight with both men giving each other good shots for the first 6 rounds before Spence started breaking him down and got Brook out of there.

I never really understood the Brook criticism. He was game in every fight I ever saw him in.

I never really understood the Brook criticism. He was game in every fight I ever saw him in.
It might be because he has the worst nickname for a signature punch. That "Chocolate Brownie" bullshit

Back