Brook says he'd beat all past GGG rivals; Says its mind over power

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

I think Brook could beat some of them but I'm not really sure he would last with Lemieux and a few others. I was looking at the presser face off and I dont know what this guy says about them almost being the same size. You look at GGG's back, shoulders its WAY bigger than Brook. Dude has been being hit by welters his whole career. Its going to be eye opening when a middle hits him consistently with power shots.

Well, thats nice but it doesn't change the fact that he's taking a massive leap up in weight, level of opponent and meeting a guy with much more power than anyone he's ever fought all in one fight.

Well, thats nice but it doesn't change the fact that he's taking a massive leap up in weight, level of opponent and meeting a guy with much more power than anyone he's ever fought all in one fight.
Yeah, mind over matter works great, up until you take the first punch to the liver... :D

What percentage change do you give Brook of winning this fight and if he does pull it off how big of a upset is it in relation to all time upsets?

What percentage change do you give Brook of winning this fight and if he does pull it off how big of a upset is it in relation to all time upsets?

I think it'd be a pretty big upset. Certainly one of the biggest in recent years. I think Brook is a good fighter but he really hasn't fought much elite level competition at welter. And while I think Brook is a pretty good all around boxer, I don't really see that he's a slick guy who doesn't get hit much. I don't see him as the sort of guy who can box the whole 12 without getting tagged with something big and I don't see him as the sort of puncher who can drop Golovkin, considering that I struggle to think of anyone who has really hurt Golovkin with punches at 160.

I don't see how Brook wins. If I'm being generous, I'd give him like a 25-30 % chance of winning. He has a chance like any top guy has against another top guy but I'll go on record saying that I would be shocked if he doesn't get knocked out.

I know it's trash talk, but that bit was sort of an unnecessarily disrespectful comment.

Seano, you're being very generous with the 25-30%. On the side note, GGG hasn't been seriously hurt that I know, but he's been taking some shots. What do you think of his comments (I know this has probably been covered in other threads) on allowing himself to get hit for action's sake, namely in the Willie Monroe fight? Will taking those shots eventually accumulate?

GGG doesn't mind and soon Brook won't matter.

Back