bronx jungle gym

haysus31

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I have tried the search forums but have seem to draw old stuff. Can anyone give current info on the place. I know the instructor is top notch and well respected but have never heard opinions from anyone else as to the school over all. It is in the Bronx and i feel it gets lost in NYC threads.
Thanks for any response

I think their assistant instructor posts in this forum.

Justin Garcia is a really great teacher. I'm saying this from watching some of his instructionals online (i.e. tozi pass, chimbar, etc). He also slammed Roger Gracie which automatically makes him badass. If I was in the Bronx I'd def. train @ his place!

Justin is a great instructor and coach. Mma style gym with good balance of GI, Nogi and muay Thai

Justin Garcia is a really great teacher. I'm saying this from watching some of his instructionals online (i.e. tozi pass, chimbar, etc). He also slammed Roger Gracie which automatically makes him badass. If I was in the Bronx I'd def. train @ his place!

I think their assistant instructor posts in this forum.

I think he's the teens or kids instructor actually, but he's a blue belt and is obviously there very often.

I used to train in a club under one of their purple belts, can't say anything bad about the training over there. Solid local reputation.

TTT Justin Garcia is well known but unknown as all the nyc threads never mention the Bronx. It seems all the threads focus on Manhattan. Never seem to hear from the boros

Yeah I train at the Jungle Gym, and I agree with you, everyone usually gets mixed up in all of the Manhattan school's and the "Big names". We have a nice collection of good guys, and actually just opened up a school in New Rochelle yesterday, and had Jeff Glover come and give a free seminar (Cool dude btw). Justin has helped me in more ways than I can describe, not only have I become a pretty good jiu jitsu guy, I've also learned how to be a man under him, and all the other guys in the gym, coming from a single mother. You are more than welcome to stop by and train, PM me for details.

He's the co founder of the Garcia Fight Team.

sorry guys, had to be said ;)

I trained there for quite awhile, justin is an absolute standup guy with an awesome sense of humor. He is a really witty guy, anyone who spends some time there is bound to pick up quite a few things. Some of his students are actually quite good and more than willing to help. i would recommend the jungle gym bronx to anyone, especially a mid-level guy looking for a perspective other than just closing your guard and laying on your back. Justin can make a good submisson grappler out of anyone and makes training very fun. I truly believe when I look back on my time training, I will remember my time at the jungle gym as by far the most enjoyable and educational. Looking back now I feel like Justin along with some of his top students have helped me shape a jiu-jitsu game that will take me as far as i am capable of going, As for why i left, i just felt like it was temporialy time for a new perspective. I hope to go back one day. BTW, i earned a purple belt under Justin and extremely proud of it

Last edited:
dumb question

I saw justin's vids on the chim chim pass.

Is he good at this, meaning does he pull it off in comps a lot?

I kinda want to start working this pass and was thinking about maybe taking a private with him to work on it

I have tried the search forums but have seem to draw old stuff. Can anyone give current info on the place. I know the instructor is top notch and well respected but have never heard opinions from anyone else as to the school over all. It is in the Bronx and i feel it gets lost in NYC threads.
Thanks for any response

I go there best gym in the city

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back