Broke the neck

https://grapplingkingdom.com/grappl...bJZFLGy-Nf05OnhiTqiQH1qLvfxjpBxQ-85ckDxGgqAhc

Disturbing news coming from Russia today point to a very tragic accident during a grappling competition that has left a fighter paralyzed as a result of a freak accident. At the Universal Fighters Open Cup in St. Petersburg, fighter Payzutdin Aliyev ended up with a life-threatening grappling injury. He was immediately rushed to a hospital where doctors found a fracture of the cervical vertebrae and damage to his spinal cord, among other injuries. The 26-year old suffered paralysis to his arms and legs as a result of the severe injury.

Russian Grappler Suffers Broken Neck During Match
The 26-year-old fighter, Payzutdin Aliyev originally from Dagestan, took part in the Universal Fighters Open cup in St. Petersburg, Russia which took place on February 11. During his submission grappling match, Aliyev ended up with a very nasty fall, that saw him land on his head. The impact caused immediate injury to his head and neck, leaving the grappler screaming in agony.

Damn...

That's horrible. All the best to the poor guy.
...and of course thanks for letting us know TS, although these are very bad news.

Seen this three times on three separate threads here on the dog.
Immediately upon watching that without any background info. It looked like the absolute worst case scenario and unfortunately I can’t imagine a scenario that this was not the case. Much Love to this man and his family as they cope with the aftermath.

What is disturbing is that he did this himself. I would have thought that even a hard fall at that height would not end up in a permanent paralysis..

Makes you wonder how dangerous Fedor fall was..

I can't imagine something like that. Would be so horrifying how an instant can destroy your life and you have to remain like that helpless for decades.

I saw the X-ray and from the location of the injury he will probably lose all upper body control.

I almost did this to myself during training at my local mma gym. Luckily I managed to turn enough at the last second that I slammed shoulder first into the mat and separated my shoulder instead. Never tried another flying armbar again.

Hopefully someone helps him and his family with assistance

Very sad, definitely makes you think about those spectacular throws or Slam KO's and how close we may have been to this kind of tragedy in MMA on the big stage.

That's why I started my 5 years old in judo... He can start Jiu-Jitsu later once he understand the fundamentals of stand-up grappling.

What is disturbing is that he did this himself. I would have thought that even a hard fall at that height would not end up in a permanent paralysis..

Fedor was definitely lucky. Just a slight change of the angle he hit at likely could have left him in a similar situation

Rose to<mma3>

Very sad, definitely makes you think about those spectacular throws or Slam KO's and how close we may have been to this kind of tragedy in MMA on the big stage.

Thug rose and rampage and Fedor come to mind

DqUrUVw.gif

giphy.gif

Back