Broke the neck

Does anyone know which weight that was?

I really don't want to watch it.

Does anyone know which weight that was?

I really don't want to watch it.
160 to 180 would be my guess. But there's no need to watch it if you haven't already. The howling noises he makes are just depressing to hear. Turn the sound off if you do watch

man that is fucking insane. it makes you realize how lucky Fedor, Big Nog, Rose and others are for landing in a similar way and coming out seemingly fine. i hope this is the last time we'll have to see anything like this.

Damn dude... hope he has a speedy recovery, made my surgically repaired neck hurt... luckily haven’t broken that...yet
<6>

That's horrific. I was considering starting BJJ.......not no mo.

That is a freak accident.

Your life can end or change forever at a moment's notice, no matter how safe you play it.

That being said I've never been a fan of guard pulls or flying armbars/triangles.

160 to 180 would be my guess. But there's no need to watch it if you haven't already. The howling noises he makes are just depressing to hear. Turn the sound off if you do watch
I think I'll stick to neither watching nor listening to it.

As for the weight question: I wonder if weight plays any (significant) role in the likelihood for injuries like that?
Personally I think I would expect the higher weights to be more susceptible to it.

Damn... that sound and his screaming. I dont wish that on anyone

man that is fucking insane. it makes you realize how lucky Fedor, Big Nog, Rose and others are for landing in a similar way and coming out seemingly fine. i hope this is the last time we'll have to see anything like this.
It's gotta be extremely rare, statistically speaking. But I've rolled with friends at our gym, while drunk and stoned bc "boys being boys" And I feel like a reckless asshole about it seeing that.

Now I will always keep a friend from harm or injury no matter how wild we're being or how hard we're going.
There's nothing in me that doesn't care if someone else gets hurt while training with us. No bad intentions anywhere in there.

But even then, anytime 2 full grown, well trained ppl are simulating strangling/breaking each other down, and still manage to safely wrap up the session and get home in one piece is probably some small miracle.

It's a contact sport, it's well regulated and constantly improved upon each year. But this is the other side of it and fuck it really gets to me.

Holy shit, how recent was that? Is the guy ok or still with us at least?

damn, i feel for both guys there, thats 2 grappling careers ended in one go.

Pulling guard DOES work sometimes,like Nogueira needed it when all other attempts to take Tim Silvia down wasnt workin. He pulled guard and won the fight like 10 seconds later. But he knows how to do it and when to do it.

pulling guard is quite safe and gave be effective

he went for a flying arm bar without having any contract of the body - extremely dangerous move

nevertheless , a horrible a very sad accident - hope the young man can somehow recover

those screams were haunting

I'd suicide tbh. Thanks for ruining my day.

let’s not jump the gun - prayers for this young man

it happened extremely recently - seems like sherdog doctors already labeled him permanently disabled but people come back from very serious injuries

let’s not jump the gun - prayers for this young man

it happened extremely recently - seems like sherdog doctors already labeled him permanently disabled but people come back from very serious injuries
Very true.

What could he or his opponent have done differently? How can this be prevented in the future?

What happened that led to this?

Back