Broke the neck

That's horrific. I was considering starting BJJ.......not no mo.
You should still start it and not do high-risk things like flying armbars. Alot of the time what happens at tournaments is both people like pull guard around the same time and its like a big buttscoot into a 50/50, or basically scissoring, this was way worse and he went for a way risker technique.
Or don't do it I'm not the boss of you lol

Pulling guard DOES work sometimes,like Nogueira needed it when all other attempts to take Tim Silvia down wasnt workin. He pulled guard and won the fight like 10 seconds later. But he knows how to do it and when to do it.

Don’t. He makes a heartbreaking noise.

man it's really heartbreaking. grown ass man, strong as fuck but in the very next moment he realize it's over and make this last noise / cry. so fucked up. heart touching sad.

Well, can’t unsee/hear that. It literally made me nauseous.
The sounds will haunt me for a long time. Time for some Pneuma to cleanse my soul.

That poor fucker, just horrific.

You should still start it and not do high-risk things like flying armbars. Alot of the time what happens at tournaments is both people like pull guard around the same time and its like a big buttscoot into a 50/50, or basically scissoring, this was way worse and he went for a way risker technique.
Or don't do it I'm not the boss of you lol
Honestly considering the guys age,he probably just didnt even know wtf he was doing. Some people who get trained arent brought up wit ha proper respect for what it is their doing,and play around like this. Look at how MAD renzo got when his boy started playing around in training

Yeah I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this and I did it anyway. Sucks for that guy, and I can't wait to go to BJJ / wrestling tomorrow after that one....jeez.

Not going to watch. Good luck to him and his family . Very tragic . I hope khabib or someone from that region / training camp organizes some financial aid or support .

Actually cross that out. I hope someone/ anyone regardless of regiom or gym , gets something going for the poor guy

Anyone else will have a hard time training for a while after seeing this ?

I dont think I'm a wuss or anything, but we often go hard and I'm often getting stacked by much bigger guys. Hell just happened today and the pressure on my neck was immense.

Damn man. Almost wish I never saw that

Note to self : dont do any flying fancy stuff in BJJ

That was horrible. I pray he isn’t paralyzed.

Fucking terrible outcome. I took took a sports rehad class in my undergrad years. Some of the most depressing stories I have ever seen or heard

Cyclist ran off the road crashed in a ditch - now quadriplegic
Teenage bull rider tossed on his head - now a quad
wrestler falls out of the back of a pickup - now a quad

Last edited:
Regretting watching that. As bad as the injury looked, man hearing his reaction was even more painful. Awful stuff.

I dont wanna do anything dangerous ever again
Ive broken my arm and my ankle.
It does give me pause about doin some dumb shit sometimes

That's so fucking sad. It's a contact sport, sometimes we forget how superhuman something like a flying armbar is.

So many things can be just millimeters shy of fatal. These ppl are doing superhuman shit, and we watch it so much that it starts to feel routine.

For those of you that grapple regularly, please be safe out there and watch out for your partner while rolling as well. I thank God I've never been hurt or seen someone hurt while on the mats or in a training context.
Soooooo fucked up

Dude it's not so much the video that got me, but the audio. That was fucking horrific.

That poor guy.

Dude it's not so much the video that got me, but the audio. That was fucking horrific.

That poor guy.
His opponent will likely be compromised (to put it respectfully) going forward in his own career and life.
"Tragic" doesn't quite do it justice.

Back