Brock vs DC reminds me of Brock vs Randy...

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Both title shots were not earned. Brock dwarfs both of them. It is one of those David vs Goliath matchups. DC and Randy are or were both in their 40's and at the end of their careers.

The difference with DC is that he is a way better wrestler and will probably smash Brock, but a lot of people probably said that when Brock fought Randy. Thoughts?

WOW this is a new one. Never seen a Brock doesnt deserve title shot against DC yet.

giphy.gif

cept dc is gonna make a lot more money than randy ever did.

hope bork smashes him

Brock will not have the advantage of roids this time.

The cheatin Jabroni

TBF, IIRC, part of the reason Brock got that shot was because Mir and Nog were doing TUF. The other options were not going to do big numbers.

The differences are huge:
1) Brock is a decade older
2) there is actually some decent drug testing now.
3) By the time of the Randy fight, no one knew how badly Brock reacted when he ate a punch. DC knows.
4) DC is a better fighter because he had the luxury of 10-15 years of more evolved training. He may or may not be more of a legend, but he's a better all around fighter.

Randy did quite well. Most were surprised at how easily Randy handled Brock in the clinch. But Randy just couldn't do much with his game (which was always primarily dirty boxing based) against a huge dude. DC has a lot more in his arsenal.

It's a shit fight. But apparently the powers-that-be have decided they're going to give it to us. I don't want it, but it's not like I'm not going to watch it either.

Couture’s chin was gone by that point, but I don’t think Cormier’s is.

Good thing he landed that knee, because he was out of gas and Randy was turning the tide.

Hopefully Brock won't get to illegally avoid a takedown by grabbing the fence this time. Randy was about to slam his ass.

Wasn’t it a knee that started it?

Maybe my memory is a little fuzzy.
Nah. I fully agree Randy was turning the tide and would have stopped Brock in the 3rd or 4th but he got caught with a glancing punch to the side/back of the head, dropped, and then got hit with a flurry of comically fast hammerfists for the TKO

DC is better and bigger than Randy and Brock is in his 40s and getting drug tested

cept dc is gonna make a lot more money than randy ever did.

hope bork smashes him
randy made alot of money for that fight....sold over 1m.....this fight would likely sell less.

I see it more like Cain vs Brock stylistically. But I agree Brock didn't earn it and this is clearly a circus fight.

As long as Brock keeps trainging MMA and not WWE, he should be good.. Just hit the gym.. not the needles.. Brockie

Hopefully Brock won't get to illegally avoid a takedown by grabbing the fence this time. Randy was about to slam his ass.
that's not true.

Both title shots were not earned. Brock dwarfs both of them. It is one of those David vs Goliath matchups. DC and Randy are or were both in their 40's and at the end of their careers.

The difference with DC is that he is a way better wrestler and will probably smash Brock, but a lot of people probably said that when Brock fought Randy. Thoughts?
Randy would have probably won if Brock had not been allowed to grab the fence and stop the TD. Brock could catch DC with a shot and if he managed to get on top of him I am not sure DC could get back up?

Back