Brock Stock

Brock?

• Total voters
He's in my top three least favorite fighters...and i'm so NOT a hater. it takes a lot to get there lol.

Meh. He's a huge guy with great amateur wrestling (but extremely one-dimensional), who became the champ of an awful division by beating two guys whom he outweighed by 30-50 pounds (one of whom was 45 years old). As soon as he fought more well-rounded guys, he got demolished. He certainly did well for a guy with so little MMA experience, but I didn't think it was particularly captivating.

Obvious yes so why did he put on the whole denial charade and call out Jon Jones?

It's fucked

Or maybe it's when you convince yourself of a lie to the point you believe it.

Honestly I would have been happier if he walked out and said "Yea I know I failed but I got your money! Later bitches"

Than the whole

"I'll get to the bottom of this"

WHAT THE FUCK

I tend to agree with you but no one admits sh*t these days.

Jones knew he took PEDs but he denies it just like Brock and everyone else. MMA & other professional sports are full of cheaters. Much more than people realize.

I'll be over it in 2 years when he's off suspension. I'd still watch his fights. He just ain't pulling the the wool over my eyes anymore.
Wool over your eyes?

Wait a minute, did you think he was *clean*??

I voted 2, he sucks, but I would have voted that at any time in his MMA career. Mediocre wrestler. Childlike striker. Physique and size of a superhuman.
He's a very overrated wrestler.

But he certainly isn't a "mediocre" one. He's still a high level wrestler.

People that thought he was 'clean' crack me up.

I see him as a spectacle fighter like Prime Bobb Sapp or even Butterbean. He inspires awe and wonder when he fights, but things like the steroids, retiring and doing WWE after a couple of tough losses, etc. It's cool that he was able to come in and get the belt on sheer size, strength and wrestling, but he's still not a real fighter, to me. With the USADA around, I don't see him having a future in MMA.

He is a mountain of a man who's MMA skill set is limited to put it nicely, he has always needed good stylistic match ups to win fights... Although I'll give him props for the Carwin win, he showed some decent heart in that fight.

I see him as a spectacle fighter like Prime Bobb Sapp or even Butterbean. He inspires awe and wonder when he fights, but things like the steroids, retiring and doing WWE after a couple of tough losses, etc. It's cool that he was able to come in and get the belt on sheer size, strength and wrestling, but he's still not a real fighter, to me. With the USADA around, I don't see him having a future in MMA.

Sure looks like a real fighter to me.

c2UeHf.gif

I've rooted against Brock in every one of his fights, but I almost became a fan of his just by reacting against the MMA purists who constantly try to demean his notable achievements in MMA in such a short time.

I initially thought that by coming back and getting a win over Hunt, even if the fight wasn't wildly entertaining, Brock solidified his earlier achievements. But the PED bust, while no surprise, is likely to do the exact opposite. So my belief is that he damaged his legacy to a greater extent than someone like Jones, Silva, or Mir, because at least they were respected as MMA fighters to begin with.

That was basically a steroids syringe with fists pounding on a regular human :(

Regular human? MIR has always been full of TRT and is a high level fighter. Randy took TRT. Overeem ate horse meat. Federal prosecutors linked Carwin to roids. Most of Brock's opponents were on PEDs.

Regular human? MIR has always been full of TRT and is a high level fighter. Randy took TRT. Overeem ate horse meat. Federal prosecutors linked Carwin to roids. Most of Brock's opponents were on PEDs.

I don't like Brock

I've rooted against Brock in every one of his fights, but I almost became a fan of his just by reacting against the MMA purists who constantly try to demean his notable achievements in MMA in such a short time.

I initially thought that by coming back and getting a win over Hunt, even if the fight wasn't wildly entertaining, Brock solidified his earlier achievements. But the PED bust, while no surprise, is likely to do the exact opposite. So my belief is that he damaged his legacy to a greater extent than someone like Jones, Silva, or Mir, because at least they were respected as MMA fighters to begin with.

I disagree. It was obvious Brock was on PEDs. Jones and Silva had a much more impressive mma career than Brock and more people thought they were clean than Brock.

Jones and Silva are in talks of mma GOAT. Their rep took a much greater hit than Brocks.

TBH his only fanbase were the wwe fanboys. I am a WWE fanboy and i only supported him cuz he was in the WWE. If he was just another fighter i wouldnt support him.

I give him a zero for cheating but mainly because he has a giant penis on his chest that points at his mouth.

I'm optimistic so Meh....who gives a pooh about B. Lesnar now, he hasn't changed or adapted his striking. He looked worse than before. He's done

Back