Brock Lesnar UFC Accomplishments Unlikely To Ever Be Matched

I agree, Brock Lesnar was a once in a generation star. It is a shame he has never gotten the respect he deserved from the fans, he won the title in just his fourth fight! That will NEVER be repeated. I have never attended one of his fights but IF he was to fight again I would do whatever possible to attend.

Also the UFC needs to cut ties with USADA. Brock had a raw deal once again I'm afraid.
Well...Randy won the HW strap in his 4th pro fight also, and finished his first 3 opponents in the 1st round all at the young age of 34.

Most people know Brock Lesnar is a former UFC Heavyweight Champion and that he had two consecutive title defenses which ties the UFC record for successful consecutive defenses of their Heavyweight Title. Others have been had more than one reign as UFC HW champ and the record of two successful consecutive title defenses will likely be broken.

"What, of a significant and impressive nature, did Brock Lesnar ever accomplish in MMA", you may be asking. The following is the answer and it is a description of accomplishments so significant and impressive that it's unlikely any UFC fighter will ever match these accomplishments of Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar entered the UFC and immediately began fighting mixed martial artists ranked in the top ten of The UFC at the time. What made this incredibly impressive is that Lesnar had only one prior pro MMA fight in his young career, and no amateur MMA fights whatsoever. To not only enter The UFC after practically no MMA experience in an era when people just didn't do that anymore but to request and be granted the opportunity to fight the best fighters The UFC had is something nobody in the modern era of The UFC (post the sanctioning of the UFC after The UFC created many new rules in order to hopefully get sanctioned nationwide) has ever been granted or even asked for by a fighter other than Lesnar. Most impressive is that after embarking on this quest which would certainly lead to horrific results for other fighters who have no more experience in MMA than Lesnar had, Lesnar went 4 - 1 in his next 5 fights. The one loss in these 5 fights was in his first fight, a fight vs. Frank Mir which Lesnar dominated and should have won had the referee not made a call which was controversial at best.

After that first loss, Lesnar brutalized PRIDE veteran Heath Herring, shattering Herring's orbital socket and basically enedng his career sole for one ill fated return to the sport for Herring quite a few years later. Lesnar won by unanimous decision and allowed Herring no offense. He appeared to be toying with Herring - a well respected 260 pound veteran in his own right. The UFC Heavyweight Champion at the time, "Captain America' Randy Couture was so impressed by what he had seen in Lesnar that he wanted to fight him. So Lesnar was granted a shot at Couture's total which he readily accepted and in the second round f the fight Lesnar won by TKO and became The UFC''''s New Heavyweight Champion.

In his first title defense Lesnar avenged the only loss on his record by beating Frank Mir to a pulp, retaining his UFC Heavyweight Title along the way and cutting the most controversial post-fight promo in the history of The UFC - an interview so controversial that The UFC refuses to include it in their DVD release of the event UFC 200!

The next challenger for Lesnar's title turned to to be a man as large and muscular as Lesnar with a similar amateur wrestling pedigree. He had one big edge on Lesnar though - unlike Lesnar, he had entered MMA the traditional way and this fight, his first shot at The UFC HW Title was his 13th professional MMA fight. Carwin was 12-0, had finished all 12 of his fights in the first round and 8 of them by KO, TKO, or submission from punches. Clearly Carwin would be by far the heaviest hitter Lesnar ha ever faced. Carwin unloaded on Lesnar in the first round, eventually knocking Lesnar down and throwing a total of at least 60 punches just as hard as he possibly could at Lesnar. All rumors that Lesnar had a "glas chiin" were put to rest! Lesnar, even as he continued to absorb shots from the heavy hitter made it back to his fight and began working on a takedown all before the end of the first round.

In the second round, Carwin had clearly run out of stamina while Lesnar's superior conditioning had kept him fresh. The bell for the second round to begin rang, and in just a matter o seconds, Lesnar being the well rounded competitor he is, decided to forego his ground and pound strategy after taking Carwin down and instead sunk a choke deep on Carwin. There was no escape from the expertly applied choke hold and as soon as Carwin submitted, the referee raised Lesnar's hand in victory, which tied the record for consecutive successful UFC Heavyweight Title defenses.
You're right with today's drug testing no one will be able to duplicate Or get away with what Lesnar has done!

Bunch of losers in here pretending their favourite fighters aren't on steroids.

What accomplishments? You are just telling me that he beat some people.

So what? Then he lost to some people.
Yeah but no one has ever beaten Frank Mir before. Or Heath Herring or Shane Carwin.

Definitely not.

hi-res-23fa1a41adcd7334ced3fce7409c5637_crop_north.jpg

he had two consecutive title defenses which ties the UFC record for successful consecutive defenses of their Heavyweight Title.
this is really sad, goes to show how historically inept the HW division has been. the ufc has been around for decades at this point, someone should have been able to defend 3 times by now.

Brock Lesnar's accomplishments and likely to be mashed potatoes

Well said TS. Your point about how he waz given top 10 opponents in his 2nd fight ever is valid a f*ck & most of these haters will avoid that point since he actually started beating them. No one can deny the run that Brock went on after the 1st Mir fight.

Why waz brock's post fight interview so controversial that it wazn't included in the UFC 200 DVD set? Which interview? I just watched Joe's interview in the Octogon & Megan's backstage interview & they were normal.

Do you think they just nixed it because he got popped?

Thank you, Myrddin Wyllt!

I find it laughable how Lesnar's detractors will go to such desperate lengths to try to convince me they didn't understand the point of my initial post. Of course my initial post also got a good number of likes too so clearly not everyone here is conducting a sad and desperate attempt to refuse to acknowledge reality.

Those unfortunates who do refuse to acknowledge reality would certainly have been a sight to see during the period of time beginning with his fight against Herring all the way up to his successful title defense against Carwin, a fight which, had it been created for the sole purpose of laying to rest the myths that Brock Lesnar "has a glass jaw", "can't take a punch, or "will always lose any fight in which he gets struck hard in the face or anywhere else", could not have done a finer job of accomplishing that goal than it did! It had all the elements: His opponent was considered the hardest hitter in all of MMA at that time, he managed to catch Lesnar with a seemingly endless barrage of his hardest punches seeing as the barrage began very early in the first round of the fight, and Lesnar not only had the mental wherewithal to react calmly and intelligently to the onslaught as he defended the vast majority of the shots with some well placed forearm blocks as well as advantageous positioning of his body while he got back to his feet and started work on a takedown attempt before round one came to a close. So much the for the Carwin apologists who bitterly continue to repeat the tired excuse: "The fight should have been stopped in round one and awarded to Carwin since Lesnar wasn't defending himself or doing anything to improve his position"!

You asked: "Why waz brock's post fight interview so controversial that it wazn't included in the UFC 200 DVD set? Which interview"?

I'm glad you brought that up so I can set the record straight. I made a typo by typing "200" instead of "100." The controversial post fight interview not included on the official UFC 100 DVD was the one where he made a derogatory remark or two regarding Bud Lig and their apparent refusal to sign Lesnar to an endorsement deal of their product. He even said he was going to drink Coors Light instead to celebrate his victory!

Brock Lesnar is a dynamic, destructive force inside The Octagon and he can be very entertaining on the mic as well. Just imagine the level of iconic status he likely would have achieved if had not gotten sick with diverticulitis. The potential was certainly there for a career that would have made those of Conor McGregor and Ronda Rousey pale in comparison when you consider that Lesnar was struck down with the sickness during what should have been his prime years!

Lol at the amount of Lesnar hate ITT.

You same twats love to worship Big Nog, CC, Fedor etc. who racked up the strong majority of their mma accomplishments in an organization that did next to no PED testing, had confirmed rigged fights, and put on absolutely embarrassing mismatches/freak show fights.

Most people know Brock Lesnar is a former UFC Heavyweight Champion and that he had two consecutive title defenses which ties the UFC record for successful consecutive defenses of their Heavyweight Title. Others have been had more than one reign as UFC HW champ and the record of two successful consecutive title defenses will likely be broken.

"What, of a significant and impressive nature, did Brock Lesnar ever accomplish in MMA", you may be asking. The following is the answer and it is a description of accomplishments so significant and impressive that it's unlikely any UFC fighter will ever match these accomplishments of Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar entered the UFC and immediately began fighting mixed martial artists ranked in the top ten of The UFC at the time. What made this incredibly impressive is that Lesnar had only one prior pro MMA fight in his young career, and no amateur MMA fights whatsoever. To not only enter The UFC after practically no MMA experience in an era when people just didn't do that anymore but to request and be granted the opportunity to fight the best fighters The UFC had is something nobody in the modern era of The UFC (post the sanctioning of the UFC after The UFC created many new rules in order to hopefully get sanctioned nationwide) has ever been granted or even asked for by a fighter other than Lesnar. Most impressive is that after embarking on this quest which would certainly lead to horrific results for other fighters who have no more experience in MMA than Lesnar had, Lesnar went 4 - 1 in his next 5 fights. The one loss in these 5 fights was in his first fight, a fight vs. Frank Mir which Lesnar dominated and should have won had the referee not made a call which was controversial at best.

After that first loss, Lesnar brutalized PRIDE veteran Heath Herring, shattering Herring's orbital socket and basically enedng his career sole for one ill fated return to the sport for Herring quite a few years later. Lesnar won by unanimous decision and allowed Herring no offense. He appeared to be toying with Herring - a well respected 260 pound veteran in his own right. The UFC Heavyweight Champion at the time, "Captain America' Randy Couture was so impressed by what he had seen in Lesnar that he wanted to fight him. So Lesnar was granted a shot at Couture's total which he readily accepted and in the second round f the fight Lesnar won by TKO and became The UFC''''s New Heavyweight Champion.

In his first title defense Lesnar avenged the only loss on his record by beating Frank Mir to a pulp, retaining his UFC Heavyweight Title along the way and cutting the most controversial post-fight promo in the history of The UFC - an interview so controversial that The UFC refuses to include it in their DVD release of the event UFC 200!

The next challenger for Lesnar's title turned to to be a man as large and muscular as Lesnar with a similar amateur wrestling pedigree. He had one big edge on Lesnar though - unlike Lesnar, he had entered MMA the traditional way and this fight, his first shot at The UFC HW Title was his 13th professional MMA fight. Carwin was 12-0, had finished all 12 of his fights in the first round and 8 of them by KO, TKO, or submission from punches. Clearly Carwin would be by far the heaviest hitter Lesnar ha ever faced. Carwin unloaded on Lesnar in the first round, eventually knocking Lesnar down and throwing a total of at least 60 punches just as hard as he possibly could at Lesnar. All rumors that Lesnar had a "glas chiin" were put to rest! Lesnar, even as he continued to absorb shots from the heavy hitter made it back to his fight and began working on a takedown all before the end of the first round.

In the second round, Carwin had clearly run out of stamina while Lesnar's superior conditioning had kept him fresh. The bell for the second round to begin rang, and in just a matter o seconds, Lesnar being the well rounded competitor he is, decided to forego his ground and pound strategy after taking Carwin down and instead sunk a choke deep on Carwin. There was no escape from the expertly applied choke hold and as soon as Carwin submitted, the referee raised Lesnar's hand in victory, which tied the record for consecutive successful UFC Heavyweight Title defenses.

War Brock.

giphy.gif

Buddy set mma back a decade. its embarrassing zuffa sold themselves out for PPV points

the expertly applied choke hold

My uncle's corpse could've escaped that choke.

Carwin was so exhausted he just lay like a giant stuffed teddybear and waited to tap.

Lowest quality heavyweight title fight in history.

Well said TS. Your point about how he waz given top 10 opponents in his 2nd fight ever is valid a f*ck & most of these haters will avoid that point since he actually started beating them. No one can deny the run that Brock went on after the 1st Mir fight.

From this hater,,, i was willing to give him a fair shake at the beginning,, I knew he had crazy wrestling accolades.. But the way he acted after he beat Mir was a disgrace to mma and UFC,, he even slammed one of the sponsors.. And people give RR grief for the bird

Most people know Brock Lesnar is a former cheat with successful UFC Heavyweight Title defenses.
Fixed.
Also, I have never seen a professional fighter more afraid of getting punched in the face. It was truly laughable.

WWe has the most garbage no good piece of redneck dog shit fans. Fuck wwe i love seeing these hllbilly drama actors get humilated in the ring.

this is really sad, goes to show how historically inept the HW division has been. the ufc has been around for decades at this point, someone should have been able to defend 3 times by now.

I don't really see how it shows the UFC's division is inept. When you constantly fight the best guys at HW you're going to get clipped. Brock won it over Randy who was fading but then had to defend it against Frank Mir, a former champ who had already beaten him and he won that. Next he had to defend against Carwin who's like 250 pounds, a good wrestler and was knocking everybody out. He got through that. Then Cain came and took him out. Then everyone thought Cain was a god but he got KO'ed by JDS in the first round. Such is the HW division.

Fedor wouldn't have won 30 straight or whatever it was if he was UFC champ that's all I'm saying. He would have had to fight someone who would have took him out.

Does he even have 5 official wins in MMA? Not overturned or tarnished I mean.

I agree, Brock Lesnar was a once in a generation star. It is a shame he has never gotten the respect he deserved from the fans, he won the title in just his fourth fight! That will NEVER be repeated. I have never attended one of his fights but IF he was to fight again I would do whatever possible to attend.

Also the UFC needs to cut ties with USADA. Brock had a raw deal once again I'm afraid.
who gets a title shot after their 4th fight?.....

Back