Brock Lesnar Says WWE and UFC are The Same Racket; WWE Is Just Better At It

I agree with Brock.

Fights are not the same thing as staged fights.

Full-contact fights are not the same thing as athletic dudes jumping off ropes and pretending to punch each other while stomping the ground to make a sound effect.

There is no similarity.

Entertainment is the only middle-ground, and it's such a different style of entertainment you might as well call Grant Mitchell 'punching' Phil Mitchell 5 times in Eastenders 'on par' with MMA.

WWE is a soap-opera. UFC has a similar soap opera vibe sometimes with forced feuds etc, but the fight is a FIGHT. WWE is never, NEVER, an actual fight.

Nailed it.

Well, he's right. UFC hand-picked opponents for Conor McGregor and relentlessly promoted him to set up a PPV with Jose Aldo. That's just one example. UFC might not fix fights, but it does engineer certain outcomes. It's a fine line, and it's pretty blurry.

So everyone here realizes Brock isn't comparing the actual fighting but the business model of both companies right?

-EDIT-
Looking above my post has answered my question...

WWE is not fighting, its a live action stunt show

its just silly to compare

WWE is not fighting, its a live action stunt show

its just silly to compare

You know what else is silly? Not even trying to comprehend what Lesnar is saying.

There's just more small minded people that are taken by the soap opera-esque pageantry.

I used to work with a guy who was into pro wrestling but absolutely recoiled at the mention of MMA. I asked him why he liked wrestling and not MMA. He said he wasn't going to watch or support people being murdered for sport. This guy was like 50.

Wow, that is ironic. Pro wrestling is way way more damaging to the body and minds of the athletes than MMA. They've only taken measures to fix it in the past few years and all that really did was dilute the product even more.

Brock is 100% correct in the context of their business models.

Wow, that is ironic. Pro wrestling is way way more damaging to the body and minds of the athletes than MMA. They've only taken measures to fix it in the past few years and all that really did was dilute the product even more.

It is. But there's no point in even trying to reason with people like that. Unfortunately, they're a dime a dozen.

They are the same in the sense that Bradley Coopers job is the same as Chris Kyle's.

Back